Gransnet forums

Health

Complaints about the tena lady ad

(81 Posts)
notanan2 Tue 06-Aug-19 14:25:32

It is not "normal" to be incontinent after childbirth. Yes it is "common" but not "normal". And often could have been avoided with better care. And in the unavoidable cases, it should be fixed as a priority!

notanan2 Tue 06-Aug-19 14:23:45

Untreated incontinence can contribute to pressure sores which have a high mortality rate!

It is not a "little problem"

It affects intimacy, activity, it can cause irreversible kidney damage when women start avoiding fluid intake in order to reduce accidents.

Some of the CAUSES of incontinence should never be considered "acceptable" either e.g. miss managed birth trauma. Overuse of pads in hospitals rather than support with continence etc

Minniemoo Tue 06-Aug-19 14:23:44

I cannot stand this advert. That woman with her blessed boobs and bit of wee. Oh it is just diabolical

notanan2 Tue 06-Aug-19 14:20:23

Oh I agree it is completely irresponsible. It is not "normal" to be incontinent. Sure, those of us who are DO need good products to use but women do NOT need to "put up with" something that is fixable. It is hard enough getting health providers to take womens health issues seriously without the message being literally broadcast that it is just something that women should accept! angry

Keeper1 Tue 06-Aug-19 13:54:36

I agree, and yes I understand that a lot of us suffer in silence and the ad tries to convey it can happen to anybody it doesn’t explain that a lot can be done to alleviate the condition and implies that living with it is ok and to be expected.

blondenana Tue 06-Aug-19 13:48:04

I hope they take it off,it makes me cringe