Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 5

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 15-Jan-20 16:56:36

annie hope it’s not presumptuous of me to start the thread but I appear to have closed the last one and didn’t want to leave anyone with no where to go.
Welcome all x

Anniebach Fri 17-Jan-20 13:03:54

Hi all x

Joyce. You are so gifted, love the music room in the dolls house .

Dawn so sorry you are having a down time, if you don’t feel like posting then just a ‘hello’ so we can say ‘hello’ to you.

I felt down on waking this morning, younger granddaughter just messaged, she is calling today, she is my sunshine.

Haven’t seen anyone for over 3 weeks, with the exception of
engineer . It’s lonely but I cope by telling myself ‘this too will
pass’,

Joce345 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:54:18

Thank you Annie I do enjoy doing my dolls house..
think I am excited for you Annie so pleased you are having some lovely company enjoy every minute, sure you will..

Doodle Fri 17-Jan-20 13:56:51

Hello all. dawn sorry you’re not feeling to great at the moment. Drop in with a wave ? anytime you feel able. We have all been where you are at the moment.
annie glad your DGD is coming today that will be nice for you both.
joce I love your music room. Very nice. How many rooms are there in your dolls house?

Joce345 Fri 17-Jan-20 15:20:05

Doodle 8 rooms it’s just a little hobbie my daughter got me it for my 60th birthday few years now, built it from scratch I have done some more rooms but every time I look at it there more I can do, but I am getting there with it it’s lovely when the lights are on just fascinate me like a big child really..

Doodle Fri 17-Jan-20 22:12:54

That’s so nice joce. Have you done any more rooms you can show us pictures of. My father made me a dolls house when I was little. He put little lightbulbs in it with tiny switches and the roof was coved with paper to look like a tiled roof. I loved it ?

Flutterby1 Fri 17-Jan-20 23:00:54

Annie I am so pleased your sunshine called today, fantastic.
You deserve lots more sunny days. Hope you are feeling bit more content tonight after your DG visit.
Dawn I too am sorry to hear things are a bit difficult for you at the moment. It’s so hard sometimes. Hope the sunshine’s for,you soon.
Joyce I agree that you are very gifted and must have lots of patience. My daughter had a lovely dolls house when she was young but as she stopped using it when older we gave it away - what a mistake that was. I so wish we had kept it.
Doodle a little question. As I am fairly new to Gransnet I am wondering why/when is a new thread started. Is there a time limit?.
Well friends weekend again.
Hope we get some decent weather as it’s been awful here.
Take care and sleep well. Xx

Doodle Fri 17-Jan-20 23:15:16

Hi flutterby. Yes each thread is limited to 1000 posts. Many of course never reach that number but long running threads like this one or soop’s kitchen or the estrangement threads just keep going. When I posted on Black dog 4 it came up and said that 1000 was reached and the thread was now closed so I started number 5 so we all had somewhere to go. I have only been on 4 and now this one but annie I think has probably been on the Black Dog threads since the beginning.
Hope you had a good time with your granddaughter annie.
Sleep well all xx

Flutterby1 Fri 17-Jan-20 23:25:01

Thanks for explaining that Doodle and thanks for starting the new post.
Night night all xx

Joce345 Fri 17-Jan-20 23:45:54

Night all sleep ? well

Joce345 Sat 18-Jan-20 08:55:56

Doodle I have more rooms not quiet done, don’t want bore you all but I will show you more if you like I would love to..
hope everyone has a lovely peaceful weekend...

Anniebach Sat 18-Jan-20 12:54:07

Hi all x

Joyce please, please show more x

For me - listened to weather forecast, they mentioned - snow,
yep my tummy churning started . Wretched stuff .

Joce345 Sat 18-Jan-20 14:28:35

Think it did for us Annie but it’s a lovely day hear...
try not to worry they get it wrong more than right haha.. hope you had a nice visit with your granddaughter Annie..

Joce345 Sat 18-Jan-20 18:25:53

Nice day again tomorrow Annie for us all... no snow !!!

Doodle Sat 18-Jan-20 21:31:36

Hello all. I would like to see more too joce

Hope you are all ok. Early night for me tonight. Early church for me tomorrow. You will all be in my prayers x

Joce345 Sat 18-Jan-20 23:18:45

Thank you Doodle and all are in my prayers, night all sleep well x

Anniebach Sun 19-Jan-20 11:38:33

Hi all x

Are you enjoying the sunshine ? Does it help ?

Doodle Sun 19-Jan-20 11:42:07

Really sunny here but freezing this morning when I went to church. The fields were all white and it was very cold. Warming up now though. How are you today annie?

Joce345 Sun 19-Jan-20 16:15:41

Yes beautiful day hear, lovely warm sunshine, yes Annie it really does help..
we book a holiday on Wednesday payed quite a lot of money for it with virgin. Only to be told on Saturday that there was no room booked for us... I was so upset because I had told my grandkids we were going to Disney with them and they were so excited.. I was up al night crying...

nanny2507 Sun 19-Jan-20 19:30:17

hello my friends. Sorry i havent been around things have been tough xx

Doodle Sun 19-Jan-20 19:48:29

joce what happened. Surely they can’t take your money and then not give you a room?
nanny I’ve been wondering where you were. I would ask if you are ok but it sounds as though you are not. Take care x

Joce345 Sun 19-Jan-20 20:03:09

Hello nanny we are all hear if you need us...
Doodle that is just what I said but they did take our money,
We have been to see them, now waiting for a refund. I was so upset, but we went in to tui and they have found us somewhere to say and a lot less money... so now we are going to Disney with our grandkids I am excited
Hope you are all ok, and have had a peaceful weekend..

nanny2507 Sun 19-Jan-20 20:17:36

thanks doodle thanks joce xxx what Disney are you going to. I would love to take my GD to euro (i hate flying) but my daughter wont let me as she is afraid

Anniebach Sun 19-Jan-20 20:48:49

Joyce how awful, I hope something can be arranged which
suits you x

nanny we will listen if you need to talk x

We are over half way through January,

nanny2507 Sun 19-Jan-20 20:57:04

hi annie thank you but not right now it will unless a torrent of crazy mutterings. I have been to GP and i,m am being referred to the local mental health team xx

Anniebach Sun 19-Jan-20 21:13:02

nanny so relieved to learn you did see your GP, best you
talk to the mental health team but we are here for you x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion