Gransnet forums

Health

Sailed through menopause

(106 Posts)
grannymy Fri 17-Jan-20 12:17:55

Often when reading posts about women who have had a hellish time going through their menopause it makes me feel exceptionally lucky. I don't believe I had any symptoms whatsoever. I also received a partial hysterectomy because I had a cyst on an ovary and was warned that afterwards I might need to take HRT. I had no need to as I didn't feel any different. Anyone else like me and had no symptoms?

Esspee Mon 20-Jan-20 05:17:17

Having a surgical menopause at 40 I was immediately given oestrogen implants. On them I feel wonderful and my bone density remains robust so, over 30 years later, I am still on HRT and will be for the rest of my life.

KarenDerna Fri 07-Feb-20 08:10:30

I'm glad that I am not the only one who has not even noticed menopause. I had a hysterectomy aged 42, my ovaries were left intact. But as I had no periods I had no idea if I had gone through the menopause. I'm 61 next month so it must have happened by now. Just feel very lucky I that respect. I also commiserate with women who have such an awful time with it

Fiachna50 Fri 07-Feb-20 10:39:06

You are all very fortunate, mine was absolute hell. Good luck to you all. I' m glad none of you suffered like I did. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

mike28939 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:31:20

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Fiachna50 Sun 09-Feb-20 23:36:29

I have reported the above post and asked for it to be removed.