Gransnet forums

Health

Is it knee pain or hip pain?

(6 Posts)
marianalma Mon 03-Feb-20 08:28:53

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Charleygirl5 Sat 01-Feb-20 10:42:56

I hate to put the spanner in the works but there is a slight possibility the pain may be coming from your back!

If you lie on the painful hip side at night and it is painful then, it is probably your hip. Lie on your back and spread your legs as wide as possible, that should tell you if you have any twinges in your hip.

Good luck.

Gialle Sat 01-Feb-20 09:26:52

Thank you both, seems it could be my hip then, cross with myself for not looking into it sooner. The pains in my thigh are sometimes unbearable and then other times no pain at all so will definitely get some x Rays. I'm a bit frightened on what might be revealed.

annsixty Fri 31-Jan-20 22:20:48

Gialle
I meant to reply earlier but I was going out.
I had my TKR in 2016, it was very successful but about 2 years later I started with pain in it.
On x-ray I was told it was fine but my hip was showing signs of wear.
Now I am waiting for a hip replacement, should be in next few weeks.My knee is very painful but the most pain is in my groin going down the thigh to the knee.
Ask for an x-ray on both your knee and your hip.

LullyDully Fri 31-Jan-20 20:47:45

Hip pain does register right down the leg and not in the hip as shch. I am the other way round to you. Hip replacement 3 years ago now my knees are registering osteoarthritis. Oh no!

Gialle Fri 31-Jan-20 17:45:53

Before I waddle off to the doc, just thought I would ask for experiences. I had a partial left knee replacement in August 2015 which I thought at the time was successful but for the last 18 months I have had pains again in my left knee and thigh. They come and go. A friend said it might be my hip that’s the problem? Ugh.