Gransnet forums

Health

Estradot HRT treatment

(8 Posts)
Rosepaul Mon 03-Feb-20 14:54:46

My daughter had to have a radical hysterectomy this time last year to cure cervical cancer. She has thankfully made a very good recovery, but at the moment is suffering dreadfully as she is unable to get the Estradot HRT treatment that she badly needs. Does anyone know of anywhere we can buy this we have tried all the chemists in both our area's and it's completely out of stock. She has tried other treatments but don't seem to work so well. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

paddyanne Mon 03-Feb-20 15:00:41

I just checked the online sales and its out of stock on there too.Maybe ask her GP to prescribe something else thats as close to it as posssible until it comes back in stock .

Rosepaul Mon 03-Feb-20 15:07:58

The GP has done this but it doesn't seem to be working as well, but thank you for checking

GrandmaJan Mon 03-Feb-20 15:18:43

According to the information I receive at the GP practice the patches should have been available at the end of 2019. I’ve spoken to a GP who I work with and she said possibly now March. Does your daughter only want to use a patch?

Rosepaul Mon 03-Feb-20 15:29:10

She has tried various other treatments, but none seem to work as well. They were out of stock for a while and then as you say became available in November. Now out of stock again her doctors have been unable to let her know when they may be back in stock but will let her know possibly March. So annoying as they seem to work so well for her. Thank you for your help at least it is some positive news.

GrandmaJan Mon 03-Feb-20 15:37:04

Rosepaul it really is a nuisance because it’s not very good starting HRT then suddenly having to stop because the patches aren’t available. I’m prescribed 6 months at a time (oral) so when they are available again tell your daughter to get a good supply. If I hear anything definite about the availability I’ll message you.

Rosepaul Mon 03-Feb-20 15:41:56

Thank you GrandmaJan

Babs758 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:16:14

I was told by my pharmacist last weekthat March the earliest date and they were prioritising those that were still waiting from September. Also I was only prescribed one months worth . Not sure what I am going to do. The new (female) pharmacist was rather abrupt too. The Asian man she replaced used to be lovely and the village will miss him!