Gransnet forums

Health

Hand sanitiser

(55 Posts)
welbeck Tue 10-Mar-20 19:37:59

i were vinyl gloves when out, and discard when back, have done for ages.
any gloves are better than none, less likely to touch nose/mouth. but if not disposable, need to be washed, ? in bleach solution, anyone know.
i dont do hot wash for laundry as it takes about 3 hours, costs too much heating the water, have very little that could stand v hot temps, and i have one of those washing machines that ought to be recalled, but i dont want to. believe its ok if not above 30c, and dont leave unattended. also has grey handle.
interestingly, i had a dream last night that a man and woman were coming out of my house wheeling w/m away. while i was out. guess its a generalised anxiety dream, things beyond our control, having to cope, unexpected difficulties, removal of autonomy, loss of control. which is the realities of life really, but mostly in the west we can inure / distract ourselves from our ultimate helplessness.

BlueSky Tue 10-Mar-20 19:31:24

Wipes when you are out and about and can't access soap and water. If you can't get antiseptic wipes I would use baby cleaning wipes. Use gloves outdoor as well.

GagaJo Tue 10-Mar-20 19:30:56

The chemist near me makes their own. It just has to be alcohol over 60% proof. You COULD use vodka!

MrsJamJam Tue 10-Mar-20 19:25:54

Soap and water!

Gingster Tue 10-Mar-20 19:20:51

I can’t buy hand gel sanitiser anywhere. Even on line. It’s either currently unavailable or expensive and can’t deliver for a month. Any ideas or does anyone make their own?