Gransnet forums

Health

Well done Morrisons!

(88 Posts)
Guineagirl Sun 22-Mar-20 11:17:18

Charleygirl get your loaf if it’s needed

gillybob Sun 22-Mar-20 11:15:43

Exactly rafichagan my dad would starve if I didn’t shop for him . I’m also shopping for a couple of his neighbours too . I tried calling SS’s last week as I was very worried about them . As of yesterday they have had no contact .

Guineagirl Sun 22-Mar-20 11:15:14

Charleygirl agreed one loaf when needed isn’t stripping totally agree. Hubbie says some elderly are the panickers and I’m not young btw. I have to risk going out for fresh supplies but seeing him buying the lottery tickets amazed me. There are good and bad in all ages and it does annoy me and makes me feel guilty being under 65 that I am able to cycle for it in the first place but I’ve stayed healthy by cycling 80 miles upwards per week since I hit 54 I’m so frightened I aren’t allowed as I never visit gp as my heat rate blood pressure is all very low due to cycling and it upsets me that I might have to stop when people aren’t adhering to the distance rule. I. Cycle rurally and don’t see a sole it would really harm me not doing it plus my depression would take hold again. Sorry I needed to rant.

rafichagran Sun 22-Mar-20 11:10:40

People need to be careful, some people are buying for the elderly and are taking flack for that, and it is not fair.
On the one hand Goverment are saying buy for neighbours and the vunerable in the community but when people do they get abuse

Boz Sun 22-Mar-20 11:06:35

Sainsbury have just emailed me to say they can distinquish customers over the age of seventy who will be given priority on slots for home delivery. About time.

gillybob Sun 22-Mar-20 11:00:50

I bet they are Guineagirl . Greed and selfishness have no age limits .

How could anyone live with themselves knowing that their greed might have denied someone else even the very basics? What is it about some people in this country?

Charleygirl5 Sun 22-Mar-20 10:55:35

I was asked by a neighbour why I bothered going out for 1 loaf of bread- it was all I needed- we do not all strip the shelves on entering a store.

Guineagirl Sun 22-Mar-20 10:53:47

Some old people are panic buying too. In the shop an old lady wanted to squeeze past me with shopping trolley full breaking the 1m rule.

Guineagirl Sun 22-Mar-20 10:51:57

I agree Gillybob with you. I cycled 6 miles this morning to the small shop my bread had mould on it today was getting one for me one for over the road an old man. The old man in front took the last two loafs, two large milks, two papers and umpteen euro lottery at about 85 years of age. Fuming

gillybob Sun 22-Mar-20 10:48:58

What about those of us who are trying to shop for elderly parents ? My dad and his neighbours can’t shop for themselves. I was almost made to feel like a monster by a fellow shopper yesterday when I took 2 small brown loaves from the shelf in Morrisons . Neither of which were for me .

Esspee Sun 22-Mar-20 10:42:58

How is one expected to know the special opening times (the one for senior citizens applies to me) if it is not publicised?

Can anybody kindly provide a list?

BlueBelle Sun 22-Mar-20 05:36:29

They are nearly all doing it essppee= I think Mand S Iceland and Tesco were the first ones Morrison’s and Asda have now caught up

Esspee Sun 22-Mar-20 05:31:32

I have received an email from Morrisons today. They are going to open from 07:00-08:00 for NHS workers only, and the doors will be manned.
Let us hope the other food stores do the same (but different hours).