Gransnet forums

Health

Is this the start of coronovirus infection ?

(7 Posts)
DoraMarr Sun 29-Mar-20 19:47:10

Yes, go on the NHS website and check. They have a handy tool- you input your age etc and symptoms and it will tell you what to do. You won’t necessarily have a fever, the cough is the main symptom. Then go to bed with plenty of water to drink and paracetamol for the aches and pains. If your symptoms get worse phone 111, and if you feel really ill phone 999. Let us know how you are tomorrow.

Jaffacake2 Sun 29-Mar-20 19:45:18

Am with partner who doesn't normally live with me but is staying during lockdown because he is on immune suppressants and government shielded. He was worried about being on his own which is ironic if I now get it.
Taking paracetomol, fluids,resting. Very worried for both of us.

BlueBelle Sun 29-Mar-20 19:44:10

Sounds similar but don’t panic most people are just ill for a few days Take paracetamol warm drinks and rest up Have you got cough medicine in case
Take care and hope you feel much better soon

GrannyLaine Sun 29-Mar-20 19:41:22

Sounds as though it could be Jaffacake2 If you don't have a thermometer, they say that if your cheeks are flushed and your heart rate & breathing is a bit faster than normal (as though you've been for a run) it generally suggests a raised temperature. You know what you need to do......

Mamissimo Sun 29-Mar-20 19:39:03

Oh poor you....I’m just passing through and wanted to say it does sound like the symptoms they describe. Try not to worry...take some Paracetamol and try to keep your fluids up. You can go to NHS online and check with someone far more qualified and get advice. Take care! ?

merlotgran Sun 29-Mar-20 19:37:43

Are you on your own, Jaffacake? Your symptoms do sound a bit worrying.

Jaffacake2 Sun 29-Mar-20 19:33:35

Feeling rough this afternoon ,sleeping a lot with tight chest and cough. Legs ache having problems walking to kitchen. Bit hot I don't have a thermometer so not sure if I have a fever.
Anyone had the virus is this the start ?