Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 6

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:02:31

Well we have reached another 1000 posts so time for another thread. Welcome.

lavenderzen Thu 06-Aug-20 20:17:39

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing ok.
My hospital visit went very well, slightly black and blue on my arm and the back of my hand, but still that doesn't matter, I had them done. Hope there are no call backs for a while.
Annie so glad to hear about your achievement going on to the path, that is brilliantxx Sorry though about the ambulance again next door, I wish they would take her into care to be sorted out.
Take care Doodle Nonnie Bluesky Joyce Rafichagran and Pollyj and those I have missed out.
Have a peaceful evening everyone, and a good nights sleep and stay safe, love to all xx

Nonnie Thu 06-Aug-20 11:25:45

Thanks for the advice about the dietitian, I will ask the GP next time I speak to him. Will start a diet diary too. I think the problem is that medics look at our ages before looking at us. I've been told that our GPs are the best in the borough so reluctant to change.

Annie have you been out on the path?

Today is one of those days when I simply have to survive.

Anniebach Thu 06-Aug-20 10:12:03

Hi all x

How are you coping ?

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 22:41:53

Hope Everyone has a good night’s sleep. You too annie x

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 21:29:31

nonnie ask to be referred to a dietician, you can discuss what
you eat , they will weight you, measure your height, they will
know how many calories you need and vitamins and minerals.

If you don’t lose weight under their guidance they will write
to your GP.

My path ? I asked for my front path to be resurfaced ages ago,
then came lockdown, a chap from housing called a few weeks
ago, agreed I needed a new path and he said the path along the
front of the bungalow needed straightening too. A firm turned
up and I now have a new wider garden path and a patio ! Only
bungalow in the Close with one , have room to park and drive
Fred close to the bungalow.

Doodle didn’t walk out today, restless night so tired,

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 18:24:35

nonnie it doesn’t sound as though you eat much at all but you seem to think you need to lose weight. Why don’t you try asking a Gp if you can have an appointment with a dietician. The dietician may not be able to help but if they say your weight problem isn’t related to your diet, then your GP might take more notice. Other option, change GP.
annie any more walking today?

Nonnie Wed 05-Aug-20 17:00:22

Annie & Doodle that was a second opinion. GP just looks at the test results and nothing more. Consultant no better, sees all the symptoms and ignores them. I think they believe I lie about weight issues and being so tired.

Welcome Pollyj you will get lots of support on here.

Bluesky yes, I do starve myself. Having looked at my usual calorie intake just this morning I doubt if I even eat 800 calories a day. Don't have breakfast, fruit and fat free yogurt for lunch, no carbs and very little meat. That is how I got down to the higher end of normal BMI. As we haven't eaten out for months that has helped because if I eat out I have whatever takes my fancy. I am not a martyr!

Sorry to read that Lavender

Annie as I have been away so long I don't know what you mean about the path but hope it is that you have been out on it. If so congratulations on such a big step forward.

I used to panic at the dentist until I started practising psychoprophalaxis (not sure how to spell it) which I was taught when I was pregnant. For those who don't know it, it is a way to disassociate from pain or anything else you don't like. Now I am fine as they never actually hurt us these days.

Doodle Wed 05-Aug-20 11:39:41

bluesky a tip for you. Panic usually brings on heat in our bodies which adds to the panic. I take one of those ice block things (the sort of thing you freeze in your freezer then put in a cool bag to keep the food cool) in a plastic bag and hold that in my hands or put it on my arms or neck. The coldness can lessen the panic (the dentist doesn’t mind) .
annie your comment about the lift maintenance man made me laugh. That is exactly what I do. I always want to be with ‘the person in charge‘ .
You walked down your path. That’s amazing and no panic. Wonderful. So pleased for you. Sorry about the woman next door but please don’t let her put you off. This is such a marvellous achievement. ?
joce sorry about the wobbles. Me too. Not nice is it.
Take care and hope you feel better soon. Are you still taking your CBD oil?

Anniebach Wed 05-Aug-20 10:29:34

Hi all x

Joyce sorry you are having bad days again , did something
trigger them or a flare up ?

BlueSky that experience at the dentist certainly sounds like
a panic attack. Lifts do it for me, I remember one occasion
I was visiting my father in hospital, no one using the lifts, I stood near them waiting for people to get in, then a lift maintenance chap got in one, i shot in with him, he pressed
buttons, said ‘all ok’ and got out !

BlueSky Wed 05-Aug-20 09:07:53

Morning all. Doodle last time I went to the dentist I believe I had the start of a panic attack. My face flushed and my heart beating was noticeable, as you say being tipped upside down and crowded done for me, so much that the dentist stopped and said she'll finish next time. Now I'm already dreading that!

Joce345 Tue 04-Aug-20 21:43:24

Annie wow good on you, that’s really brilliant to hear..
sorry you are upset with next door again. She really does need some help..
Hope everyone’s doing better tonight.
Sorry I’ve had a few bad days hopefully it will get better for me soon.
Sending hugs to all sleep well night from me ?

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 21:21:50

Right, I did the front path this morning, no panic, felt rather
pleased .

Upset now, there is an ambulance next door again, I hope she
is ok, she has caused problems again this week but not for me.

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 21:18:18

lavender will be holding you in my thoughts. The supermarket event was caused by others, you are not going
to get that reaction from anyone tomorrow.

Good to learn no ‘hot spots’, and having a friend at the end of
the line is a good thing.

Sending hugs x

Doodle Tue 04-Aug-20 20:58:57

lavender it’s good there are no hot spots isn’t it. Due to my claustrophobia, I have always found visits to the dentist difficult. To be tipped upside down (well almost) and have someone hovering over me makes me start panicking . My lovely lady dentist used to say to me ...now breathe slowly in to the count of two and out to the count of three. Try saying that to yourself and concentrate on the breathing rather than what’s going on in your blood test. Hope you get on ok.
rafichagran how are you?
Hope everyone has a good night.
Sleep ? well ?

lavenderzen Tue 04-Aug-20 19:34:49

Hello everyone
Hope you are all ok. Nice to see you PollyJ you will be made very welcome here with these lovely folk.
Another doom laden day here, and another one on the horizon tomorrow. Consultant rang this afternoon, with scan results, no "hot spots" on the scan! However, more blood tests tomorrow! They don't normally bother me, but last time they had to do a butterfly in the back of my hand and it took at least half an hour to get blood and it was black for weeks afterwards. Anyway onwards and upwards. I just hope I don't cry like I did in the supermarket: all those doors and lifts!! I have a friends phone number in case I have the "wobbles" again.
Hope you all have a peaceful evening, and sleep well. Take care, stay safe and love to all xx

rafichagran Tue 04-Aug-20 18:59:31

Hello PollyJ in answer to you question, I have been made very welcome on this thread.
I have been given good advice which I have appreciated.

Doodle Tue 04-Aug-20 14:05:55

Hello pollyj and welcome. As annie says, you will find many anxiety sufferers here, me included.
We all have our own particular problems but the end result is worry, anxiety and depression. Sometimes we cope at other times we need to lean on our fellow sufferers for support.
Have you been feeling this way for a while?
I have a couple of worries on my mind at the moment. They make my mornings a bit low.
nonnie, like annie, I too think you should ask for a second opinion or speak to your GP. My DH saw a consultant who, though perfectly pleasant, confused us greatly with his treatment options. When we went for the next appointment we asked to see someone else.

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 13:38:36

Pollyj hello and welcome, very much anxiety here , we tend
to speak of ‘the wobbles’, my fault for bringing wobbles into
the discussions.

The Black Dog thread is to give support, understanding and
sharing - anxiety, depression, OCD, etc

No one will ever be ignored or told those dreaded words
‘Pull yourself together’

I have anxiety, I have agoraphobia.

BlueSky Tue 04-Aug-20 12:34:39

I'm sure it's my thyroid even if told otherwise. I cannot lose weight unless I actually starve myself! Do you have a problem with stubborn weight Nonnie?

Pollyj Tue 04-Aug-20 12:07:09

Hi, everyone. Is this thread mainly about depression, or can an anxiety sufferer fit in too?

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 12:01:53

Thanks nonnie was puzzled by the consultant saying -

Nothing wrong with you, and then - there is a mixture of drugs etc !

Since when has there been a mixture of drugs for someone who has nothing wrong with them ! ! ! ! Twp Dyn, (stupid man in Welsh)

Is it possible you could have a second opinion ?

Nonnie Tue 04-Aug-20 11:45:05

Yes Annie that's me. I should have explained that the test was to see if I am on the right dose of the medication. I don't understand how I only need half the dose of people who still have a partly functioning thyroid gland and I don't have one at all. I have all the symptoms but only the blood test matters.

Anniebach Tue 04-Aug-20 11:03:51

Hi all x

nonnie blood tests normal, that’s important. Do you mean
physically exhausted - muscles weak, body too drained to do
anything or mind exhausted, too tired to think ?

BlueSky Tue 04-Aug-20 09:56:29

Nonnie just be glad your blood tests are normal, one less thing to worry about. I've had this said to me when most days I felt as if I was 'fluey' that sort of feeling, definitely unwell and no energy, but nothing specific. Still don't know as it eventually passed. Can you try some herbal remedies for lack of energy? This situation we are all in doesn't help either flowers

Nonnie Tue 04-Aug-20 09:40:18

Just had a call from hospital consultant and my blood tests are normal so there is nothing wrong with me! Of course he said there was a combination of drugs which might work but that the evidence is mixed so they don't prescribe them! Fine, Nonnie just go away and be exhausted all the time. I know it is physical but how can I prove it? If I don't do things in the morning they simply don't get done because I am too tired. Sorry for the rant, can't keep on about it to family, no point in bothering them too.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion