Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 6

(1000 Posts)
Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:02:31

Well we have reached another 1000 posts so time for another thread. Welcome.

Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:07:05

whywhywhy sorry you are still feeling so bad. It is positive though that you have found somewhere to stay when we are allowed to get back to a bit of normality. Emotions are all over the place at the moment so with additional worries it’s not surprising that you feel so low. Be gentle with yourself and try and focus on moving on when the time is right.

Doodle Wed 08-Apr-20 22:07:38

I hope all the gang find the new thread. Take care all and sleep well x

lavenderzen Wed 08-Apr-20 22:49:00

Ah, I have found you.
Thinking of you all and wishing you a peaceful evening and a good nights sleep free from worry and pain.
Take care, stay safe, love to all xx

Joce345 Wed 08-Apr-20 23:05:30

Hello all Doodle I found you. Good night all sleep well
Whywhy please take care, you will get through this bad time.. ???
???

Nonnie Thu 09-Apr-20 10:53:08

annie that sounds like hard work, I hope they are all different.

why so sorry.

Very little sleep last night and when I did I dreamt about my son and his family, very emotional. However, I seem able to get on with things today, caught up on several emails and just chucked a load of ingredients into the bread maker. So long since I used it I can't remember what to do but hope something like hot cross buns will come out. No strong white flour so used a seeded one. If it fails the birds will get extra today. grin

Going to be a very strange Easter, first one without family.

Anniebach Thu 09-Apr-20 11:47:45

Hi all x

why you have something to hold onto now, sometime away
but it’s there x

nonnie all vanilla flavour !

No different for me being on my own for Easter, have been since my darling daughter died.

How is everyone ?

Doodle Thu 09-Apr-20 14:14:15

annie I take it you are still cleaning bottles.
Are you listening to any of the radio services this week. My local church has done some on YouTube which I have enjoyed.x

Joce345 Thu 09-Apr-20 14:48:11

Hi all hope you are all having a good day

Whywhy I really hope your day is better for you...

How many bottles have you done up to now Annie. Dose someone collect them for you are do they go in the recycling.
Nonnie how are you hot cross buns?

Anniebach Thu 09-Apr-20 17:00:34

Joyce washed 60 bottles, 80 to go, another 140 being delivered next week ! The empty bottles are recycled , they are
plastic .suppose to be drinking 5 a day but can only manage 4,
will have to increase them .

lavenderzen Thu 09-Apr-20 20:22:38

Hello everyone, hope you are all managing best you can.
Annie thats an awful lot of bottles to get through. I know what you mean about high days and holidays, they just pass you by xx
My day started off with my electric kettle suddenly giving up the ghost, then followed the washer breaking down! I thought this must go in threes, and sure enough my printer will not take the new ink cartridge. I have just given up for the time being on all things electrical. Ordered a new kettle and a new washer, what a palaver! The printer will have to wait until my patience improves.
Its been a quiet day, apart from the above, with a little sunshine earlier and the birds still busy building their nests. My daughter rang, she has just been to her "mindfulness" session and seemed very positive, which is good.
Wishing you all a peaceful evening and hope you sleep well. Love to all xx

Anniebach Thu 09-Apr-20 20:28:23

lavender not a great day for you was it

Hold onto one thing above all else, your daughters love x

Doodle Thu 09-Apr-20 20:30:34

Oh lavender isn’t it amazing how things like that happen.
We have had a busy day washing the shopping ?. What a palaver but lucky to get it so no complaints. Lovely to hear the clapping and cheering round here tonight. Couldn’t see anyone but lots of noise.
annie you could start a bottle washing factory. That’s an awful lot of bottles. Do they taste of anything nice?

BlueSky Thu 09-Apr-20 20:39:10

Hi all. Yes Lavander our washing machine and dryer gave up the ghost just before lockdown. Luckily just managed to have delivered and fitted before all this. So lucky we have these gadgets that make our life easier! Hope everybody will have a peaceful Easter. Good night moon

Nonnie Fri 10-Apr-20 09:36:23

Lacnder I felt almost a panic when our washing machine died but then realised there were only 2 of us and we could get others to do it if necessary. You seem to have taken it rather better. Wondering if you try to put the cartridge in again today you will get it right or see that you have the wrong one. Sometimes when we leave things and go back next day we see the blindingly obvious.

Hot cross buns hmmm. Think it is user error with the machine so having another go today. We did have rather a nice pudding last night though after putting the dough (more like batter) back in and using the bread button! I checked and the recipe really did say 600ml of milk so was clearly wrong and common sense should have told me. Hope this amuses you all grin

Onwards and upwards all.

Anniebach Fri 10-Apr-20 13:50:27

Hi all x

I am late joining you all today, guess why ? yep, the damn bottles .

Hot Cross Buns ? enjoy , wish I could swap some bottles for a
bun

Carillion01 Fri 10-Apr-20 14:22:39

Anniebach, Doodle and all dear Black Dog members, sending you love, positive thoughts and prayers this Easter.

Anniebach Fri 10-Apr-20 15:17:45

Thank you Carillion

Love and prayers to you x

Doodle Fri 10-Apr-20 15:29:02

From me to you too carillion ?

lavenderzen Fri 10-Apr-20 20:04:56

Hello everyone
Hope you are all doing ok
Just to wish everyone a peaceful night. Stay safe, take care and love to all xx

Doodle Fri 10-Apr-20 20:08:09

lavender you too, sleep well x

whywhywhy Sat 11-Apr-20 02:03:04

Hi all. thank you for the kind words and yes I now have something to think about in the time ahead. I did have a bad day yesterday and wanted to cry all day though even when I have a light at the end of the tunnel. This virus stuff is really freaking everyone out. One of my friends phoned today to say that our boss from years ago has died from complications connected to the virus. My heart breaks for his family as they were so lovely and so was he. He was 79. I just cannot sleep tonight as my head goes into overdrive. My husband is supposed to be going to do some shopping for us both but he never brings back anything that I ask, so why bother. It is all a mess and I just wished I had managed to get moved out before now. I have some plans for knitting tomorrow. This house is supposed to be ours but it doesn’t feel like it and never has. My head is all over the place. I’m off to bed now and catch up later. Night night to all of my friends on this wonderful site. X

Anniebach Sat 11-Apr-20 10:30:57

Hi all x

whywhy sorry you are so low. Share your plans for after the
lockdown , will you move when the lockdown ends ? I think you said you had found a place to move to, do you have plans
for your new home ? Do talk about it if it will help you look
forward x

Nonnie Sat 11-Apr-20 10:35:17

annie not sure you would like my hot cross buns! One batch is edible and they are tasty but still not right. Given up for now.

why I wish there was something helpful I could say but the only thing I can come up with is to encourage you to rant away on here. We may all have different reasons for being here, some may not even know why they feel this way, but we all want to support you and each other.

We are fine, getting weekly supermarket deliveries, have a DS & DiL nearby if we need them and next door neighbour just texted to say she was going to the local shops if we need anything. Just going to put washing on the line.

Somehow we seem to be coping with major difficulties in our lives which I cannot talk about but feel like it is just about to bring me down. Never mind, coping today.

I wish you all some sunshine in your lives today.

Anniebach Sat 11-Apr-20 13:48:10

nonnie 4 bottles of liquid food replacement a day all vanilla
flavour ! A bread crust would be devoured x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion