Gransnet forums

Health

advice please

(16 Posts)
Buzzkaue Fri 10-Apr-20 19:12:17

I am an older mum, and a foster carer ,we are isolating for 12 weeks,
the children we have go into the garden on trampoline ,and in swim pool,

a neighbour has said ,we shdnt allow them in the garden at all,i have looked and cant find any guide lines ablaut going in garden,

can any 1 help me please

Newatthis Fri 10-Apr-20 19:16:59

How ridiculous - of course you can. Where is the pool - if that is in your garden then there are no restrictions on that either.

MawB Fri 10-Apr-20 19:20:32

Of course they can play with anything you like in your garden -just so long as none of their little friends come to join them.
Tell your nosey neighbour to mind her own business and get her facts straight!

tanith Fri 10-Apr-20 19:22:10

Absolute rubbish tell her to wind her neck in.

Tuppence15 Fri 10-Apr-20 19:23:49

Of course they can play in the garden. Personally I’ve enjoyed hearing children playing in my neighbours gardens it reminds me that there are other people out there?

Esspee Fri 10-Apr-20 19:26:25

I hope the children enjoy the weekend playing in the garden. Your neighbour is way out of order.

Grandmafrench Fri 10-Apr-20 19:34:50

As far as your own home or garden is concerned, they and you need to be inside the boundaries of your own property, not on the street and not mixing, as mentioned here, with any other members of any other household at any time.
Your neighbour probably doesn't like children and is just hoping you can make them vanish ! grin

TrendyNannie6 Fri 10-Apr-20 19:39:09

There’s always one isn’t there ! Of course they can play in the garden. Hope they enjoy their fun

Grannynannywanny Fri 10-Apr-20 20:04:43

Wouldn’t it be unfortunate if you had the garden hose out watering the garden and your hand slipped and you accidentally sprayed your nosey neighbour! ???

ExD Fri 10-Apr-20 20:12:25

She is totally in the wrong, BUT - be honest with yourself, do they tend to make rather too much noise than is reasonable? Could they perhaps be persuaded to lower the volume a little in the interests of harmony?

Buzzkaue Fri 10-Apr-20 20:18:29

thank you all ,I been so worried today ,as I always make sure we have everything in the garden as we can ,keep them safe ,we have a splash pool in garden and trampoline ,
it worried me so much ,I bought them in ,but tbh, I thought they would prefer the exercise , and fun ,but was concerned ,about ,the children well being ,
at least now ,they can go have fun in out garden.safely and happily

ExD Fri 10-Apr-20 20:37:08

Thats the spirit. This weather won't last for ever will it? and you can be happy you're not breaking the law.

EllanVannin Fri 10-Apr-20 20:54:01

As long as all children are in the same household you can do as you like in your own garden. Let them enjoy the outdoors.

I hear children playing in their garden every day---it breaks the silence. Children have to play, blow the neighbour.

SalsaQueen Fri 10-Apr-20 21:21:52

Your neighbour is ignorant. Being in your own garden is perfectly alright. Ignore the fool.

Mapleleaf Fri 10-Apr-20 23:03:13

You are absolutely fine in your own garden.

GrannySomerset Fri 10-Apr-20 23:06:46

I would be tempted to point out that what she can hear is the future and those children will need all the help they can get. Miserable old soul! We