Gransnet forums

Health

Sleep well?

(7 Posts)
Elrel Mon 13-Apr-20 09:46:00

On Saturday night 11th April BBC Radio3 broadcast composer Max Richter’s ‘Sleep’ from 11pm until 7am. It had been previously performed live at the Wellcome Institute London to an audience in sleeping bags on camp beds.

All I can say is, it worked for me. I drifted off, may have awakened once and turned over, and enjoyed my best night’s sleep in years.

Did anyone else listen? It is now available on BBC Sounds.

Chestnut Mon 13-Apr-20 09:56:25

That sounds great so I will try it tonight and let you know. There are many different hour-long relaxing music mixes on You Tube which I use already. They are perfect to listen to in bed as they keep your brain engaged instead of thinking!

Elrel Mon 13-Apr-20 17:22:33

Chestnut, I’ll be interested to have your opinion of ‘Sleep’. I chess it just happened to be exactly what I needed!

grandMattie Mon 13-Apr-20 17:26:01

I only heard the last 30 minutes and didn’t enjoy it one bit. I need convincing. But as I sleep very badly, perhaps I ought to try it.

Elrel Mon 13-Apr-20 17:32:44

Mattie, I of course only heard a section about 2 hours in, until I fell asleep, also a few minutes about 3 hours later when I was briefly conscious. I had no particular expectations but was pleased to find it helped me.

Chestnut Tue 14-Apr-20 10:55:53

I've had a listen but have not tried it in bed. I'm not sure there is enough of a tune for me. Most of the relaxing music I listen to does have a semblance of a tune for my brain to latch onto, even if it is slow and repetitive. There is lots of meditation music on You Tube if you search for 'chillout music'. Some is similar to this, just a slow series of notes, others are more tuneful. I suppose it's finding something that suits.

Charleygirl5 Tue 14-Apr-20 11:00:26

OMG, my problem is I sleep too much. I can sleep for at least 8 hours each night with a doze late afternoon. I am not very mobile so I do not tire meyself out with work.