Gransnet forums

Health

Hair Removal FOR MEN

(9 Posts)
gustheguidedog Mon 20-Apr-20 12:42:38

Hello friends, most of you are aware I am BLIND, and before anyone asks anything stupid I use assistive software in order to use the PC.
I just read/listened to one of your articles entitled `The best facial hair removal creams` as you can imagine I do not shave myself - that would be more dangerous than putting me behind the wheel of a car but instead I usually have a lady who comes 3 times a week just to shave me but as I am sure you can understand it's impossible during this Lockdown for her to come.
Nah then this cream stuff what does any of you recommend? Please don't say that ` Vaniqa cream` stuff I just rang a chemist who quoted me £75 per tube and I can't get to my GP for him to prescribe, £75 a tube who do they think I am Rockafella?
I Tried that VEET stuff it just leaves very sore red blotchy marks.
I swore some time ago that I would NEVER allow my DISABILITY to overpower my ability but hey this beard is getting me so down now I think it's time to call it a day.

grandMattie Mon 20-Apr-20 12:44:25

You must have tried the very safe electric razors. Can’t think of any else. Grow beard, all the best chaps do!

gustheguidedog Mon 20-Apr-20 12:49:17

Yes I have tried Electric Razors, can't get one strong enough to cut through my beard, I'd rather not grow a beard it's so depressing sorry to pile my troubles on you but IT MEANS A LOT TO ME

Missfoodlove Mon 20-Apr-20 13:49:18

Hi there,

I think masculine stubble is a lot tougher than we ladies have to deal with so the products we use may not work.

I think the best advice would be to ask on a “ trans” forum.
Transitioning males may have some good suggestions.

Good luck.

ninathenana Mon 20-Apr-20 13:50:48

Avon do a facial hair removing cream for sensitive skin. I don't know how effective it would be for you but at less than £3 worth a try. You can order on line.

Missfoodlove Mon 20-Apr-20 13:51:05

On a lighter note any men thinking of more intimate hair removal may find this amusing.
Their wives/partners will find it even more amusing.
It is X rated be warned. www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3GDDEL1SC1QQ5?tag=gransnetforum-21

ninathenana Mon 20-Apr-20 13:51:45

Good idea Missfoodlove

SirChenjin Mon 20-Apr-20 14:11:01

I would be very wary of using hair removal cream after using the sensitive stuff for facial hair for the appropriate time and doing a patch test and still ending up at the put of hours service with chemical burns that required antibiotics - unbelievably painful sad

How about growing your beard but buying one of those beard clippers that allows you to set the lengths on it so you get the length you want?

Your dog is beautiful!

BlueSky Mon 20-Apr-20 20:28:21

I would say grow a beard for the time being at least. It's the easiest and safest option and all the trendy young men have one!