Gransnet forums

Health

Has anyone used a SheWee ?

(9 Posts)
BlueSky Fri 22-May-20 18:24:39

I did read the other thread but I'm not convinced. I find that water tablets are the problem with me so I decided while in lockdown with no facilities open to take them when I get back in rather than before my walk.

clementine Fri 22-May-20 18:11:03

Apparently you need a lot of practice before using them and a good deal of dexterity . I was seriously thinking about it as I don't have great bladder control at the best of times and now with so many places closed you can't nip into a cafe pub to use the loo !!! I have a can't wait card but it's useless if there are no toilets open

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 18:07:48

Apologies! I forgot that I started the thread it’s in the Corona Virus heading and just called Shewee.

Sussexborn Fri 22-May-20 18:03:56

I mentioned them in another thread and it seems half of gransnet have one in their possession. Try doing a search as there were mixed reactions.

MerylStreep Fri 22-May-20 17:59:28

Yes, a couple of times. Don't know the name.

BlueBelle Fri 22-May-20 17:56:00

My daughter in law does long distance cycle racing and says they just do it on the move I d never thought of it before but if you’re riding for hours and hours I suppose it’s inevitable

JenniferEccles Fri 22-May-20 17:08:50

Public toilets are starting to open and those in petrol stations and motorway services never closed as delivery drivers and others still working would need them.

I looked at the Shewee thing online after it was mentioned on another thread and thought it looked an awful faff !

In my ignorance I was expecting something to sit on ?

allsortsofbags Fri 22-May-20 16:51:08

Not personally but both DD have used them. DD1 is always successful, DD2 has had a few unfortunate incidents so mixed results.

DD1 says lots of practice outdoors preferably is you can find a safe place to try. DD2 got better once she practiced in the garden as she's only tried it in the bathroom before. Why it makes a difference I couldn't say but apparently it does.

However DD1 has always said the reason she wears leggings and a skirt or just a skirt in warm weather is that it is easier to use the SheWee and gives more privacy.

They have both been long distance walkers, not so much now and not at all these days.

I'm sure others will have more to add, good luck and enjoy your freedom when it comes.

vickymeldrew Fri 22-May-20 16:40:26

Thinking ahead to when we are ‘let out’ more, one of the challenges will be finding a toilet. Has anyone used a SheWee ? Any recommendations?