Gransnet forums

Health

What do you think of this latest Government pamphlet?

(8 Posts)
ExD Tue 26-May-20 13:53:59

We got a little booklet through the post this morning telling us how to keep sane during lock down. I don't know whether its just for pensioners or if everyone's getting it - but to me it seems a colossal waste of money when the country needs every penny it can get.
It suggests ways to use all this leisure time, and ways to keep your brain active - that kind of thing. But to me it seems to be putting the idea into our heads that we SHOULD be feeling depressed and suicidal - and quite dangerous for people feeling fragile already.
What do you think?

Gaunt47 Tue 26-May-20 16:37:12

I haven't received one yet, but if I do it will be stored carefully. Then in the future I can look back and wonder why such patronising rubbish was published.
It's a bit late isn't it? Lock down is over!

ExD Tue 26-May-20 16:56:16

So it is Gaunt47, I'm allowed to drive down to Wiltshire for my daughter to look after me if I show signs of infection - I'd forgotten!! angry

Gaunt47 Tue 26-May-20 17:49:12

I hope you've planned your journey carefully so as to not make any stops!
I shouldn't be flippant though, the point you make about that leaflet causing people who already feel fragile to feel worse is IMO a valid one.

EllanVannin Tue 26-May-20 18:44:15

Straight in the bin if one comes my way. It's this autosuggestion with everything that's getting people down.

Oldbat1 Tue 26-May-20 18:48:32

Total waste of resources. Went in bin (recycling).

lemongrove Tue 26-May-20 18:53:57

I think it’s a good idea, as there are a lot of depressed people out there and anything that may help them is worth doing.
Not all have the good sense/ brainpower / optimism of all Gransnetters!

ginny Tue 26-May-20 22:21:56

Not had one from government but had a small magazine called ‘Epoch Times’ which should certainly be put straight in the bin