Gransnet forums

Health

Dry, flakey skin.....

(2 Posts)
MayBee70 Mon 15-Jun-20 15:20:37

I always used to have really good skin. However, over the past year or so I’ve started to get small flakey patches which, when I scratch them (I know I shouldn’t but it’s difficult not to) seem to blister and then they take forever to heal. Is it an age thing ? I was going to ask for a blood test before the pandemic but I’m not going near anywhere medical unless it’s really necessary. I do moisturise my skin with E45 and stuff like that and only bathe using gentle bath wash: olive oil soap,Aveeno or oil atom a lot but that doesn’t seem to help. It isn’t all over my body, but currently on the tops of my arms and round my neck. I might take some antihistamine tablets for a while to see if that helps. Might also be a bit of stress due to the pandemic perhaps.

Newatthis Mon 15-Jun-20 16:51:13

I have just made a lovely massage cream - melt some coconut oil in a small tub (with lid) in the microwave, it only takes about 30 seconds. Add some lavender essential oil 5 or 6 drops and then put in fridge and wait for the oil to set. It is slightly greasy but does not rub off on your clothes. The lavender soothes and heals and the coconut oil moisturises.