Gransnet forums

Health

Vulva cancer appointment

(6 Posts)
Kamiso Thu 10-Sep-20 09:43:26

Turned up yesterday for my check up re Pagets Extra Mammary Disease of the vulva only to find the clinic has been moved forward by two weeks so the journey to be done all over again. Not sure if the cancer cells are active again as the pain is confounded by ongoing nerve pain. Hoping it’s just to do with lockdown and not getting out and about enough. Too much time to fret perhaps.

Changing IP so no tv or landline and flaky internet connection so no distractions. Not really my week is it? I normally read 24/7 but seem to have lost concentration. Short stories might be worth considering.

Sparklefizz Thu 10-Sep-20 09:45:45

So sorry to hear what you're going through Kamiso and I wish you all the very best for a safe outcome. flowers for you.

crazyH Thu 10-Sep-20 09:47:13

All the best....the waiting must be quite stressful. Hope all goes well for you. Keep us posted.

morethan2 Thu 10-Sep-20 10:21:17

I hope all is well. Like you I find I can’t read if I’m anxious or upset. That’s when I listen to radio 4. Often on catchup with one of their plays, books or a podcast. Fingers crossed for you today.

Kamiso Thu 10-Sep-20 23:36:05

Still only intermittent internet and landline. Very frustrating.

Good idea! I was talking to GS2 about the Tudor podcasts so perhaps I’ll have another look myself.

Luckygirl Thu 10-Sep-20 23:42:55

Difficult times for you - I am sorry to hear this.