Gransnet forums

Health

Seeded bread and sourdough half fermented bread

(8 Posts)
craftyone Fri 11-Sep-20 15:28:26

if you have a panasonic breadmaker by any chance, there are a few recipes for spelt or spelt and rye breads. All of which are kind on the digestion. I don`t tolerate normal wheat breads, even home made and slow fermented or pure sourdough give me gerd

Pantglas2 Fri 11-Sep-20 15:20:58

I eat mostly sourdough or spelt nowadays as I find ordinary white disagrees with me for some reason. I also have a small glass of kefir most mornings and that’s fermented, foods which are meant to be good for your biome.

Valariana Fri 11-Sep-20 15:01:11

I stopped eating wheat bread a good few years ago - it made me bloated. I eat spelt bread and rye bread, both of which work fine for me. How about trying them?

merlotgran Fri 11-Sep-20 13:26:51

Try a slice of gluten free toast for breakfast instead.

EllanVannin Fri 11-Sep-20 13:22:02

The sound of them is enough to put me off.

NfkDumpling Fri 11-Sep-20 13:10:53

Its the half fermented bit which I think may be the problem. The other half ferments inside me! I have the same problem with shop bought muffins and cakes which have extra raising agent added.

Oopsadaisy4 Fri 11-Sep-20 13:03:07

I’ve given up bread almost completely, I allow myself the odd slice of nimble if I have soup and my indigestion has totally gone, it was worse with ‘artisan’ bread.
It never bothered me when I was younger, so either I have changed or the ingredients have.
Hope you feel well soon.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 11-Sep-20 11:15:13

Anyone eat these breads, love the first one but it seems neither are liking me very much, upsets stomach, have gerd so have had to stop these, the sourdough one only had one slice last night and not feeling good this morning, so going to have to try something else for breakfast