Gransnet forums

Health

Hearing

(7 Posts)
Puzzled Sat 19-Sep-20 21:09:18

My problem is noise related hearing loss, causing a HUGE drop in sensitivity over the range of the human voice.
Doc referred me to Audiolgy. Yet another hearing test, but within 30 mins was walking home hearing the rain thundering on my umbrella and the wet grass squelching under my feet!
Once you get that dud ear working again, do ask for a referral.
The results could amaze you. Hearing not quite as good it was when young, but no longer any need to have the TV so loud that the whole road could hear it!

farview Thu 17-Sep-20 10:18:33

Doctor is phoning me at 10.30...fingers x'd

Nonogran Wed 16-Sep-20 22:40:26

I'm aware that "catastrophic hearing loss" happens sometimes when Menieres is present. You may also get tinnitus? Speak to your GP and try not to panic. There's a lot can be done to help.

aggie Wed 16-Sep-20 21:48:45

I have earache and my ear went deaf like that , Doctor ( by phone ) prescribed drops , still sore but it has unblocked and I can hear again tonight , give the GP a call

MissAdventure Wed 16-Sep-20 21:38:54

I wonder if a steam inhalation would help?
Olbas oil, perhaps?
Lavender is nice, too.

farview Wed 16-Sep-20 21:21:27

Deaf...not dead!

farview Wed 16-Sep-20 21:20:52

Have had menieres disease for 30 years plus...suffer with sinuses and wax build up etc...but scarily..today...have become completely dead in my right ear...if I block my left ear I cannot hear anything at all...feeling lightheaded also.