Gransnet forums

Health

Pubs and things ......

(5 Posts)
EllanVannin Thu 22-Oct-20 15:47:57

What about those who shouldn't be where they are ? The extra-maritals ? I bet quite a few of them have spread the virus around.
You'll never keep track of everyone's movements in a month of Sundays it's no use pretending. It's here to stay so we've just got to brace ourselves and hope that it doesn't hit hard.

Esspee Thu 22-Oct-20 15:04:21

The Covidiots are not giving correct information to the venues so track and trace cannot contact them.
I read about this on Mumsnet first then asked around and apparently a lot of people object to leaving their contact details.

LadyHonoriaDedlock Thu 22-Oct-20 14:58:21

It's easier to keep track of contacts when they are gathering in public spaces like pubs and bars. Assuming the pubs/bars are following guidelines and taking names and phone numbers. When people meet in private houses there's no way of tracking who has infected/been infected by whom.

Ilovecheese Thu 22-Oct-20 14:46:57

I don't think nightclubs are open so maybe the pictures of them crushed together dancing are old pictures. The trouble, I suppose, with them all catching it in a student flat is that they will then go shopping in the following days, unaware whether they have caught it or not.

ExD Thu 22-Oct-20 14:41:20

I can't understand why so many people seem to support young people meeting in large groups to drink and dance, saying they will only meet in each other's houses and carry on if this is banned.
Surely it's better that these smaller groups collect in houses as they'll infect fewer people that way.
I don't live in a big town/city - but the photos in newspapers show up to 100 people crushed together in pubs and discos with no masks in sight whereas 10 or fewer in a student flat would be less dangerous.?
I'm not saying we should increase the number allowed to meet indoors, just that the lesser of the two 'evils' might be they should enjoy themselves in smaller gatherings?
(I am truly grateful it isn't my job to keep the idiots safe) smile