Gransnet forums

Health

Haemorroidectomy

(5 Posts)
GrannySomerset Fri 27-Nov-20 16:08:41

The private hospital will have been kept COVID free to enable them to do such procedures so don’t worry about that. Hope it goes well and you soon feel yourself again.

geekesse Fri 27-Nov-20 16:04:21

I had it done as a day case a few years back. They asked me if I had someone to pick me up, and I was vague enough to mislead them. I rode home on my motorbike - but it was a bit uncomfortable.

Blindfish50 Fri 27-Nov-20 15:27:44

Thanks shysal. I've heard such horror stories I'm glad you had a good result.

shysal Fri 27-Nov-20 14:01:04

Is it the HALO surgery that you are having? I had this done as a day case a few years ago. I was assured that it would be painless afterwards, but then was surprised that they gave me Tramadol painkillers to take home. I wouldn't say that I was in pain, but it was about a month before I could sit comfortably.
I would therefore recommend a memory foam ring or cushion. I am so pleased that I had the procedure, well worth a bit of discomfort. I wish you luck with yours, and am sure that every precaution will be taken to avoid any risk.

Blindfish50 Fri 27-Nov-20 13:30:08

Hi, I'm a bit of a lurker, I'm hoping for advice to get my head around this. I've just been offered the procedure on 17th December. I've been waiting a long time and in pain most of the time. I'm not only worried about the op itself, what it will be like afterwards. But also the covid risk, its NHS op in private hospital on South Coast. I can talk to DDs but don't want to worry them too much. I'm 70 and also awaiting steroid injection in lower spine so quite a lot of pain. Thank you for any comments, especially if you've recently had anything like this