BLACK DOG 9

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 26-Dec-20 13:03:39

support, understanding and sharing for all mental health
troubles .

Anniebach Sat 05-Jun-21 13:31:46

Hi all x

Joyce love the tree x

nonnie how hard it must be to have family abroad, my grandchildren are only 50 miles away but I feel so cut off from them. Hope you will see them this year x

BlueSky finding somewhere to stay for a few days is so difficult, the coastal villages in Wales are swamped with visitors
and looking at the local site this morning cars are parked in every lay-by and on the side of the roads in my mountains, days away seems the best option x

I have been so tired the last few days, so many discussions with
council occupational therapist, hospital occupational therapist and bought a new iPad from PC World, it wasn’t delivered yet
passed to a delivery firm, nightmare trying to explain because
only contacts were web chats, finally sorted and I will have my
money returned in 5 - 7 days ! Have been sleeping every afternoon.

Elder granddaughter FaceTimed this morning they are coming to see me tomorrow morning, I am thrilled

BlueSky Sat 05-Jun-21 11:03:10

Morning all x Nonnie I know what you mean, I’m the same, also no availability to stay in a lot of place for the next few weeks, when the forecast is good. How can you book when you don’t know what this unpredictable British weather is going to do? Also DH has realised that he would need a custom made mattress for his back like he has at home. So we might just go for the day and come home at night which suits us better. Like you I have family abroad but being Australia I don’t even think about it. Anyway hope you’ll all enjoy the present glorious weather x sunshinewine

Nonnie Sat 05-Jun-21 10:50:51

Thanks Doodle. Yes, we like the sea but feel everywhere will be so busy. We are really not happy with crowds of people around us. Is there a bit of the UK nobody every goes to whish is tranquil? Yes, too much to ask I suppose. Really missing family abroad and still hanging onto the hope (diminishing) that they can come over this year. If not, as soon as we are allowed, we will get on the first plane over.

All you gardeners put me to shame, I hack it back and see what happens. Occasionally I learn something. Rather proud at the moment that a friend who knows things took me to a garden centre to buy lots of small plants to put in little coloured pots I had been given and, so far, only one has died.

Hope you all have the lovely sunny day we currently have.

Joce345 Sat 05-Jun-21 06:48:46

Ready for it’s first trim...

Joce345 Sat 05-Jun-21 06:46:22

Morning all..
Doodle no surprisingly Bonsias are kept out side.. when very young cover over winter but the more mature ones are fine..
Once you have the shape you like just have to trim couple of times a year.. But i am still learning. I do find it helps relax me..

Bluesky I get really anxious when I have to have blood test it’s the the test it’s the waiting for results I find very hard..

Nonnie hopefully you will see your family soon, it must be so hard for you...

Annie how are you doing. Is the sun shining in Wales for you?

Have a good weekend everyone one enjoy ?

Doodle Fri 04-Jun-21 22:11:02

joce I like bonsai trees. It must be very time consuming and absorbing cutting and shaping them. Are they kept indoors?
bluesky good news on your test results. DH and I both have test where our results are normal for us. Good too that you can take your own BP and give readings to the surgery.
Please go on a break with your DH. It’s so easy to feel safe at home and anything out of the ordinary sets us off but we do need to try and I’m sure you will enjoy the trip once you go.
Hope you had a good day.
Nonnie it must be upsetting having family abroad and not being able to see them.
Would you drive somewhere to go on holiday? Might be an idea to go somewhere where there are things to do that don’t involve a lot of walking. Perhaps a place close to the beach if you like the sea.
I hope you enjoy your meal tomorrow. Even the thought of dressing up is something different these days. I hope you have a lovely time.
Annie how have you been today?

Nonnie Fri 04-Jun-21 09:22:50

Doodle as it stands I think we would be happy to go anywhere! We are having to come to terms with our family not being able to come to the UK again this year and it is very hard. I think it would do DH and I good to just get away but not sure how much he will be able to do after his surgery. He is improving though and is now more mobile.

We loved Switzerland too, used to drive there.

BlueSky I think you might be right, do they just think we are past it? I used to have an annual MOT but it doesn't happen here. I had to ask for my annual blood test which was nearly 2 years out of date. I have a condition which should be monitored more closely.

Big news - DH and I are going out to dinner on Saturday night! I can't remember the last time just the two of us went out for a meal. Just imagine, make up, earrings and something bright to wear grin

BlueSky Fri 04-Jun-21 09:14:21

Morning all x Summer’s here at last! Lovely day, blue blue sky and the sun is shining! Well had the long awaited for phone consultation with the GP yesterday, recent blood test showed glucose up and cholesterol down, yet my diet is unchanged. I don’t eat or drink sweet stuff, but I do rely on carbs so perhaps that’s the reason.He also mentioned that some of the borderline results are ‘normal’ for me, well I was never told before. He agrees I must have White Coat Hypertension and I am to carry on checking my BP and reporting to the surgery, he even mentioned taking me off the diuretic. Just a thought they don’t seem too concerned when you are older, or is it just my impression? Luckily no mention of the gastroscopy I refused last year as we were in full pandemic and I was expecting a CT, also all the symptoms had disappeared. DH started planning a mini UK break, possibly by the coast, I know I sound ungrateful but I’m happy enough in my own home, yet I’ll have to go to keep him happy as he’s been waiting all these months. Will take advantage of the nice weather today. Hope you’ll all have a pleasant day x cupcakebrew

Joce345 Thu 03-Jun-21 23:02:19

Doodle not been up to much.. been in the garden, I love bonsai tree I’m starting trying my hand with them last year. I have two small ones that I have grown, they are doing well and one bigger one that I purchased year before last...
I long to go to Switzerland I imagine the views to be amazing.. I was going with my daughter till the pandemic stoped us...
Wales is beautiful have many good memories..

Hope everyone has a peaceful nights sleep.. ?

Doodle Thu 03-Jun-21 19:15:10

Joce Switzerland in the summer can be just like here. Hot or cold. It is a beautiful place and the mountains are spectacular. We have been very lucky to go there.
My tooth has been fine today thank you.
What have you been up to?
Nonnie like you I have no idea of the types of trees (apart from Oak) but I just love looking at them. All year round, so beautiful.
Not sure where you could go in the summer. Lots of places that are quiet the rest of the year are busy when the children are off school. Where abouts in the country would you like to go? We only know the south really although have been to the Lakes and Wales, I love Wales. Such scenery.
Talking of Wales, how are you doing Annie any news on your banana board.
Take care all the BDG x

Nonnie Thu 03-Jun-21 12:30:48

Doodle yes, when a worry you had been denying to yourself suddenly comes out of nowhere and hits you!

So happy you had the hugs.

Annie I agree, accept what you have to recognise will never change but never give up hope about other things. You seem to be an over-thinker, which can sometimes be a good thing, and anticipate what might go wrong so arrange a way of feeling secure.

Ellie Anne 'some people' should just go and *((*^&) (insert whatever swear word you like)

BlueSky you are sounding positive.

Doodle do you have any ideas where might be less busy in the summer? We could do with a break but not the crowds.

Wow, that is a long time in the dentist. I would have trouble sitting still that long.

I'm another who like trees, I don't know what each one is called but I enjoy looking in people's garden's and in the parks as I go on my walks. Looking forward to the day DH can walk at a good pace with me.

Joce so good to hear you spent time outdoors with the family, I would love to do that.

Joce345 Wed 02-Jun-21 23:53:56

I love trees I always say I will come back has a tree beautiful...

Annie hope you are ok x

Doodle you poor thing that’s a long time to be sat in a dentist chair hope you feel ok to tomorrow, Switzerlands my dream somewhere I long to go, hubby says it’s two cold, I think he thinks they don’t have a summer ?? one day hopefully I will see the beautiful mountains...

Scaredycat a place in the Alps that sounds amazing....

Sleep well all ?

Doodle Wed 02-Jun-21 20:23:17

Evening all. You are i the presence of someone regal today. I have been crowned ?
2 ¼ hours in the dentist. I am exhausted. Poor DH sat outside and waited for me. I had no idea I would be so long. Very tired tonight.
Ellie do you talk to people while walking even if you don’t know them. Lots of people like a little chat especially if they are on their own.
Joce what a beautiful place. Glad you had a nice day.
Annie I am a tree hugger too. There is something about trees that I love. At any time of year they have so much to give in leaf, structure and age. I hate seeing them chopped down.
Scaredycat your place in the Alps sounds lovely. We used to go to Switzerland a lot and loved it. Never skied though I would have loved to do so. Miss the fresh cool air. Yes we have been to the Lake District several times. Quite a journey from here but so enjoyed it. Would love to go again. Maybe next year.
Early nigh for me tonight. My jaw aches. Not painful but I think all the treatment made it a bit sore.
Sleep well all x

Scaredycat Wed 02-Jun-21 17:38:38

Annie - hope you soon hear something positive about your forthcoming help you so need to be able to sleep more comfortably.
The description of your town sounds gorgeous. It must be a great place for walking. Years ago we had a place in the Alps where you could walk such beautiful places and also ski in the Winter. Where we are now has no mountains or much water but we can get to the sea quite quickly.
You are so right about doing things while you still can and I,m so glad you got to climb Snowdon. I,m with Doodle wish we could take you to Snowdon but wouldn’t it be great to get to your mountain foot slopes.??
Bluesky- this weather is fab isn’t it and when it’s good in UK it’s as good as anywhere in Europe. However We yearn to be back on our travels again .
Doodle- the Lake District is beautiful have you been before. We,ve stayed there in self catering places and loved it .
It’s great you have met nice people on your walks - as you always say a smile works wonders.
EllieAnne - hope you ar3 enjoying walking in the sunshine
Joce- what a lovely time you were able to have with your family. It looks beautiful. So glad for you.
Hope you have all had a nice day today.xxx

Anniebach Wed 02-Jun-21 10:02:31

Hi all x

Trees ? I confess, I am a tree hugger , I live in a small town surrounded by mountains, a canal and three rivers running through and lots of woods, but not close to the coast .

Keep walking please, yes I do keep repeating this sorry, but I truly believe physical and mental health are both being helped
by walking.

Joce345 Tue 01-Jun-21 20:40:47

Hello all, had a love day out with my family today walked and walked it really does help mentally.. been to the beautiful Foundations Abbey one of my favourite places..
do hope sun has been shining for every one in the BDG
Annie I walked up Snowdon few years back now..
Some lovely memories of Wales...

Ellie Anne Tue 01-Jun-21 19:47:10

Doodle I usually walk on my own but have a couple of friends I occasionally go with.

Doodle Tue 01-Jun-21 19:39:59

Evening all. Been busy with housework today then a nice walk before dinner.
Annie yes don’t forget you have climbed Snowdon. We went up once on the little train but the year we went we didn’t get to the top as they were building a new restaurant and had closed the line before it reached the summit. Lovely scenery.
I hope your help arrives soon. I can’t believe they have let you struggle like this for so long.
Ellie Anne another tree lover here. Do you have friends you walk with or people you meet while out? I have made a couple of friends with people I meet on my walks. I don’t know their names but we always stop and chat for a bit.
I hope when lockdown is over you will be able to find some more activities to help you get out a bit.
Bluesky yes we are hoping things don’t take a turn for the worse again. It’s been such a long time since we were able to get out and meet people I hope we get through this soon.
Any particular part of the UK you like to go to. We are thinking of the Lake District at some time maybe.
Take care all x

BlueSky Tue 01-Jun-21 11:43:17

Morning all x Just popping in to say hello. Glorious weather let’s hope it lasts, it does help to lift the spirit! In the old days we would be off somewhere in Europe for our summer trips, this year we’ll be happy to visit some places in the UK, we just need the weather to continue. Let’s hope the Indian variant won’t put us all back in our plans. Hope you’ll all have a pleasant day x wine

Anniebach Tue 01-Jun-21 09:56:06

Hi all x

Summer has arrived ☀️

Starting my 5th month on the sofa, I so hope I will hear today
when I will get help getting use to the banana board ?

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday x

Ellie Anne Mon 31-May-21 18:26:31

I agree that the sea is very calming . Also find walking among trees is helpful. I’m fortunate that I can do both.
My husband can’t walk too far but I’d never go with him anyway because we’d be walking in uncomfortable silence . Getting out on my own is an escape.
Acceptance probably is the way forward and before lockdown I was able to cope better .
Thank you for all your comments.
Some people just tell Me I should be grateful I have a husband!

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 14:37:14

Doodle yes an iPad is very much of my means of communication. I have climb Snowdon , nothing can take that
away from me, I would be sad if I had to say ‘I wish I had climbed Snowdon’ .

Doodle Mon 31-May-21 14:25:49

Annie you made me laugh. You could be describing our Yorkies. Maybe it’s a characteristic of the breed that they attack letterboxes. ?
I believe we have to have Hope in order to continue. I wish I could take you to your beloved Snowdon Annie .
A new iPad I would think is a very good idea. It’s so much part of your means of contact.
Hope all have a good day.

Anniebach Mon 31-May-21 11:39:59

Hi all x

Joyce my yorkie is so loving, loves people, has never snapped
but come mail through the letter box she is an Olympian , she
collects my mail , spots the postman and is waiting at the door in seconds, leaps up and grabs it.

scaredycat acceptance is so hard to achieve but even though I
believe in learning acceptance I don’t mean giving up hope, I have now to accept I will never walk again, I was distressed when this was confirmed , now I have hope that my wheelchair
will give me some freedom, I won’t climb Snowden again but
I hope for the courage to use the wheelchair to get to the small
slopes at the bottom of my mountains here. On condition someone follows me in a car incase my wheels breakdown ?

Doddle yes Black Dog , we can share and understand, this is why I was determined to keep it going when Batty left.

Hope everyone has a happy bank holiday, I have been advised /
ordered to buy a new iPad by my mini tornado so will be shopping for one today

Doodle Sun 30-May-21 22:25:46

Joce ah the letterbox. That is always a problem with dogs. Like Annie I have had three Yorkies and all were not yappy or snappy but anything that came through the letterbox was fair game. So sorry it’s upset you. It can be worrying if you come across dogs outside that aren’t on leads. To be honest, most will not bother you but it’s scary when they run up to you.
My table runner is coming on. It is a scrappy one i.e. using leftover bits. There is a trick to making your seams line up. I will PM you.
Annie I feel the same about the sea. Something about the vastness of it but also the little waves coming in and going out I find soothing and I could just sit and watch.
Oh I do so hope you get to see MT soon. Sounds as though she is missing you a lot too. ?
Nonnie I think we all present a face to the world that is different from how we are inside. Sometimes I can’t even admit my worries to myself .
Went to see DS1 and family today and had hugs for the first time in 14 months. Joy. ?
Scaredycat I wonder how many people are actually scared quite a lot. I’ve lost count of the people I thought had perfect lives and then found out their troubles. Our innermost thoughts are so private that we don’t usually share them with people in general. That’s why I think threads like this where we can be anonymous but a bit more open help a lot. People are reluctant to say how they feel face to face but in the company of like minded souls, it’s a lot easier.
I too hope all have a good bank holiday weekend. x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion