Gransnet forums

Health

Breast pain

(10 Posts)
BrandyGran Tue 12-Jan-21 12:07:06

Great news Blue Sapphire! Will have to follow yr example. Good to know that breast screening is still going ahead. X

Madwoman11 Mon 11-Jan-21 05:56:20

Great news BlueSapphire

BlueSapphire Sun 10-Jan-21 20:16:06

Just to say that I was seen in the breast clinic 10 days or so ago and the first thing the consultant said was that pain is not normally a sign of cancer. Previously the nurse at my surgery said the same thing and could also not feel anything. I had a thorough examination by the consultant at the hospital, and a mammogram and nothing sinister was found. A great relief.

paddyanne Tue 05-Jan-21 14:18:46

I have a history of breast pain .its hormonal with me .I usually take Vitamin E supplements and it settles down within days .I do check for lumps regularly and have my mammograms and if I thought there was anything sinister going on I'd see my GP .

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:46:27

Pain can indicate cancer. Check it out.

GagaJo Tue 05-Jan-21 11:39:27

Not contradicting Madwoman at all, but I had a large stage 3 breast tumour and it was not painful at all, at any point.

You may not need to physically see the doctor. I have had so many lumps (all benign) since cancer, that these days, my GP just refers me directly to the breast clinic.

Give the GP a ring to be on the safe side.

Hetty58 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:37:55

I did wonder, the other day, why my arm and shoulder were so painful. Could it be a heart attack? Then, I realised that I'd spent hours, the day before, sanding things down doing woodwork!

I do get 'knitter's cramp' - but in my armpit, rather than chest.

Still, if you're puzzled, get it checked out!

Madwoman11 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:27:55

Please examine yourself thoroughly both laid flat and standing up, and don't forget your armpits. They say breast cancer is not painful but I know first hand it can be, However don't panic it could be hormonal, or something else easily explained.
Never put off asking for an examination for any new symptoms.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 05-Jan-21 11:21:02

See your Doctor. It is probably something very simple, but if there is an issue, best to catch it pdq.

BrandyGran Tue 05-Jan-21 11:08:37

Could sewing and knitting cause pain in a breast? Have any of you experienced this?