Gransnet forums

Health

The secret to a good nights sleep....

(234 Posts)
Sara1954 Sun 17-Jan-21 20:05:20

Yes growstuff, I know exactly what you mean, if I can’t sleep Saturday nights, I don’t panic so much, but every other day I need to be up by 6.00 at the latest, and as the hours pass, and I realise I’m not going to get any sleep, I start to panic, when I hear the heating start up, I know I’m doomed

GagaJo Sun 17-Jan-21 20:03:19

Oooooo following! I would love a cuppa that helps me sleep.

growstuff Sun 17-Jan-21 19:58:10

Mindfulness techniques help me not to worry about not sleeping regularly, but they don't really help me get to sleep - if you see what I mean. Thankfully, now I don't work for an employer and live on my own, I don't really bother about regular sleeping habits.

janeainsworth Sun 17-Jan-21 19:57:14

You’re allowed to tell us, MissFoodlove, it’s only people coming on here to sell things who aren’t allowed to advertise!
I have a cup of Twining’s Lemon & ginger tea last thing, but it doesn’t stop me waking up at least once in the night.

I hope it’s not Tea Pigs you’re referring to - I tried those & although the tea was nice, I was dismayed to see the actual bags re-appearing at the bottom of my compost bins. I don’t have that problem with Twinings.

growstuff Sun 17-Jan-21 19:56:07

I'd like to know too, not having slept well for about the last fifty years.

Sara1954 Sun 17-Jan-21 19:55:43

I’ve just bought a book on mindfulness which is supposed to help, I’ll try almost anything

SuzannahM Sun 17-Jan-21 19:54:15

No, but I'd love to know what it is. Rarely have a decent night's sleep without waking up. I've also tried a variety of things.

Sara1954 Sun 17-Jan-21 19:53:36

More information please, I’m on pillow spray at the moment.

Missfoodlove Sun 17-Jan-21 19:49:07

For about 10 years a good nights sleep has been a rare pleasure.
I’ve tried OTC tablets,meditation,diet and pillow sprays with varying results.
Finally I think I’ve found the solution in a tea bag!
It’s a well known organic brand that has a night time tea.
I’m sleeping like a log.....just hoping it lasts.
Has anyone else discovered this little bag of magic?