Gransnet forums

Health

Massage - wonderful in such stressful times

(102 Posts)
biba70 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:26:42

just about to go for a massage with a lovely young therapist I trust 100%. She will mix traditional massage with shiatsu and acupressure/reflexology. 1 and 1/2 hours of sheer bliss. Not been able to go due to Covid - but I am sure it will do me a power of good.

AhnunHahe Fri 19-Nov-21 11:04:35

I want some massage. Where I can do an effective one?

colsljena Tue 05-Oct-21 12:43:23

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

BlancaColucci Thu 16-Sep-21 17:07:36

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

MawBe Wed 09-Jun-21 08:47:47

Sorry - I meant now - moving on , I ha dont spotted that last post was spam ?

MawBe Wed 09-Jun-21 07:33:53

Are massages allowed now then ?

kolliemma688 Tue 08-Jun-21 21:45:44

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

CanadianGran Sun 24-Jan-21 01:46:00

There are different types of massage here; medically trained therapists and those considered to be in the beauty/spa industry. There is some cross-over, but only registered massage therapist costs are covered by insurance.

This isn't government coverage, but private; usually companies with benefits will include a certain amount per year. My company benefits include it with 'paramedical services' including physiotherapy, podiatry, chiropractic, etc. I am lucky to have that benefit, although I don't take advantage of it very often. I have only ever been for 4 massages in the last three years when I have had an issue with my neck or shoulders, but my benefit would cover 10 per year.

I can attest to massage therapy helping with injuries or stiffness and know many would benefit from it if it was available financially.

GrannyRose15 Sat 23-Jan-21 22:18:53

biba70

I wish massage was classed as a therapy in this country. Our government is so old fashioned and short sighted. I'm sure there would be fewer people visiting their GP for chronic aches and pains if everyone could have a regular massage.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 23-Jan-21 11:14:01

Callistemon

^so I have succumbed to Covid induced boredom and looked through the thread.^
?

So true, I am bored bored bored...........

Callistemon Sat 23-Jan-21 11:09:05

so I have succumbed to Covid induced boredom and looked through the thread.
?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 23-Jan-21 11:05:31

I actually enjoy hearing about other folks activities, it gives me something to aim for once this Covid nightmare is controlled.

I shall be booking a manicure, pedicure, facial and massage as soon as it’s allowed. I shall turn my phone off (after telling AC if they need a parent they can phone their father) it will give me the head space which I am unable to find at home.

PECS Sat 23-Jan-21 10:33:59

Biba I was teasing you! I would , and have, said similar to RL friends e.g talking about something I was unable to do. Sometimes people are so swept up in their own excitement they forget its impact on others. Though others should be happy for a friend's good fortune.

BlueBelle Sat 23-Jan-21 10:24:00

You are right pecs it’s a big old storm in a little old teacup
Dr Seuss would have a field day .....how long before those that agree that people are ganging up are accused of ganging up
It’s totally laughable
We are allowed an opinion and if that opinion links with others so be it
If someone is being particularly inciting and revving others up to join in poking fun or accusing that is totally wrong if someone makes a statement others agree with it is in no way a gang

biba70 Sat 23-Jan-21 10:22:31

Oh my - logged off and come back to this.

The lady who does the massage is here not called a 'masseuse' but a 'therapist' as she is trained in medical massage a bit like a physio. Are doctors and physios all closed at the moment in the UK? She lives just around the corner, so no travelling involved- and she works from home in a very large, area room in an old farm. So yes, I apologised if it was seen as gloating- no it was not. After months of not seeing anyone, and Covid, I was glad I could finally go back to Carole and having a massage, mainly to help with one of my knees- but thought why not have a full massage working on all areas.

I was so sad that we had to cancel our planned trip to see family in England at Easter- planned over 6 months ago when it seemed that Easter would be OK to travel- it truly cheered me up. No, no gloating- just sharing that I was truly looking forward to it.

Unreserved apologies if anyone felt it was not 'sisterly'.

PECS Sat 23-Jan-21 10:10:38

so I have succumbed to Covid induced boredom and looke through the thread.
I was the one who said it was not 'sisterly' to tease us with thought of massage ..did not think that was unkind. Someone subsequently pointed out ... lightheartedly, that for Biba to apologise but then descibe her fab. experience was not much of an apology. This is the kind of banter I might have with friends.. no ganging up, no mean girls..just a chat!
Most of the comments are about liking/ not liking massage..or queries about massage under restrictions. Accusation of gangs completely unfounded!

Iam64 Sat 23-Jan-21 09:37:06

You’re jealous! Wow imagine being jealous of anyone, especially over something like a massage.

GrannyRose15 Sat 23-Jan-21 00:31:57

Oh for goodness sake! Let the woman enjoy her massage without all this bickering. I for one am pleased someone is enjoying herself. I'm jealous, yes, but wouldn't dream of making her feel bad about telling us.

BlueBelle Fri 22-Jan-21 23:37:16

I think you’re over egging it all gagajo there was no ganging up that was someone’s imagination which has now been run away with out of all proportion

GagaJo Fri 22-Jan-21 23:00:17

Me either PECS, but...

Callistemon Fri 22-Jan-21 22:22:01

MawBe

I don’t think that was the idea, Calli !

I can recommend it!

PECS Fri 22-Jan-21 22:16:23

I was a more frequent poster at one time but found that, on more serious threads, there were sometimes disrupters. They disagreed but could not debate. I am happy to debate an issue but I prefer some evidence based arguments. This thread is pretty lighthearted really ..so not sure why anyone would ' gang up'? confused

GagaJo Fri 22-Jan-21 22:06:24

There are a few specific posters on the site that tend to pile on, after one negative comment. They 'flock' together and also at times make personal comments, rather than sticking to discussing (or even arguing) about the topic. I don't think there is anything wrong with holding strong POV's but getting personal or insulting isn't appropriate.

I know of one poster who has totally left the site because of it. It's a shame. This site is perhaps more essential for a lot of us at that moment.

PECS Fri 22-Jan-21 21:55:14

Could explain what makes you conclude it is 'ganging up' and not just random people expressing a common view?
If one accuses people of behaving unkindly I think it should be backed on some evidence.
I am quite used to holding a minority view on particular topics and expect most people to not see things from my perspective. I don't think they're ganging up on me. We just see things differently.

GagaJo Fri 22-Jan-21 21:40:32

I am not sure PECS. I apologise for being vague, but I can't be bothered to go back and read all the posts. I don't think so.

It's ironic that you think that is the intention, because I think that is often the reason for the ganging up, to drive specific posters away.

MawBe Fri 22-Jan-21 21:36:50

I don’t think that was the idea, Calli !