Gransnet forums

Health

vaccine

(15 Posts)
Aveline Thu 11-Feb-21 18:08:36

Just had the Pfizer vaccination. No date for the next one given but I was told that I'd be sent a letter and a text for part 2 in 11/12 weeks time. The whole operation was very slick. I'm sure it'll be as well organised for the next one.

monk08 Thu 11-Feb-21 17:41:13

Just had mine Pfizer but husband had his a fortnight ago same place but his was the AZ vaccine. When I queried it was told it depends on what they've had delivered. No 2nd date given told surgery will ring nearer the time.

Juliet27 Thu 11-Feb-21 17:28:49

Had a call from the surgery on Monday giving appt for Pfizer jab on Weds and also second date appt. in April

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 11-Feb-21 17:23:12

I’m getting mine tomorrow evening and have to be there no more than 10 minutes before my appointment time.
DH had his last week, but wasn’t told when to expect his second jab, he was in and out (of the marquee) in 5 minutes flat.

AGAA4 Thu 11-Feb-21 16:54:12

I had the AZ vaccine on Monday and felt very tired all day Tuesday. Back to normal on Wednesday.

LadyHonoriaDedlock Thu 11-Feb-21 16:47:47

That's me done and dusted. I walked down to the surgery and back again for the exercise and the daylight, both of which I'm badly in need of. The cold air - it just crept above freezing by the time I went out but it was -7°C out first thing - set my asthma off so I had to explain why I was coughing and how it wasn't Covid!

It was the AstraZeneca, for the record.

Now I await whatever reaction I'm going to get. I usually have no reaction to the flu vaccine but C19 seems to be different. Friends have warned me to book a couple of duvet days as tiredness seems to be the most common.

BlueSky Sat 30-Jan-21 09:19:27

Thanks BlueBelle if we knew we could make informed choices where to go to have it done. I know you are not supposed to choose but some people would potentially waste a dose if faced with the ‘wrong’ vaccine once they got to the venue.

BlueBelle Sat 30-Jan-21 09:12:01

No you don t really bluesky well not in my experience When I got my phone invite I ask and I was told I think it will be Oxford, but I wasn’t really sure until I got there, although I had kind of worked it out for myself, as in my area (I don’t know if this is everywhere) but in my area it seems the Oxford is being done in doctors surgery’s and the Pfizer one in the hubs and I think that is due to the refrigeration aspects
Don’t know if that helps or not

BlueSky Sat 30-Jan-21 09:00:05

Do you know which vaccine are you having at the invitation stage?

Franbern Sat 30-Jan-21 08:37:24

Different centres, different arrangements re second vaccine. Do not worry.

Some are giving out 2nd appointments at same time as first, many are not doing this. Some are giving out small card with vaccine batch no and date of first vaccine, - some are not.

GP surgeries will have details on individuals medical records and will make contact for second jab in due course.

No need to get worried or stressed about this, people will not be missed out.

BlueBelle Fri 29-Jan-21 17:14:47

No date for second one at my surgery, they will ring I ve made a note in my diary

harrigran Fri 29-Jan-21 17:14:26

Your DH should have been given a vaccination record card with the type of vaccine and batch number listed along with the date administered.
The surgery will have the duplicate details and will recall him for the second injection.

eazybee Fri 29-Jan-21 17:11:35

Was your husband not given a card with the date, time and type of vaccine, Earnshaw? I was told I would be contacted the same way, via text from the surgery, to arrange to second dose. His vaccine will be recorded, even if he thinks he has no proof.

rosie1959 Fri 29-Jan-21 15:06:38

Not booking second ones at our GP either they told my Stepmum they would contact again for booster

earnshaw Fri 29-Jan-21 14:46:13

my husband had phone call last sunday to go to our local health centre for vaccine at 1,30 to get there for 2,15. that was ok as, like i said, we are local, sightly worrying other folks have said they were given date for 2nd vaccine but he didnt get one, at the time he didnt think to ask about that, so not sure now if i will be contacted as he has no proof hes had it done