Gransnet forums

Health

Painful lump under armpit

(7 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Sun 14-Feb-21 16:11:25

Two years ago visited dr as had lump under armpit which painless only discovered it one morning as I put roll on deodorant on, the dr said it was a blocked duct, and drained it, fast forward last year I visited dr over something else but mentioned the lump as was still there, he said very common lumps just leave, well this common lump is now bigger and hard and painful the shape of it is bullet shaped, a bit bigger in size than a grain of rice, very painful and I can feel it when I lift my arm up,, it stays in same place can’t move it, so it’s a phone all to my Drs in the morning I think, Anyone else had this.?

Newatthis Sun 14-Feb-21 19:31:02

You must go back to the doctor and don't delay. Roll on deodorant is very bad for you, this is more than likely causing the blocked duct, try a crystal block deodorant instead. They last for ages and are much better for you. you can buy Holland and Barrett.

Kate54 Sun 14-Feb-21 19:38:00

All lumps should be investigated but I believe the jury’s still very much out on the roll-on deodorant issue.

welbeck Sun 14-Feb-21 19:38:05

is it the rolling action that is bad, or the contents of the liquid ?
OP, contact your GP, and ask to be referred for further investigation.
how can GP be sure what it is without scans etc.
insist on further investigation. good luck.

Sarah48 Sun 14-Feb-21 19:43:25

I think the danger is from parabens, if they’re contained in the deodorant, especially if you’ve just shaved (easier to then get directly into the inner skin layers?

paddyanne Sun 14-Feb-21 19:49:51

maybe an ingrowing hair ,my daughter had one an dshe said the pain was awful,it was a small hard lump too .Best get it checked it may need an antibiotic

TrendyNannie6 Sun 14-Feb-21 20:02:26

No, Sarah48 luckily I don’t need to shave under my arms, underactive thyroid put pay to that, and the deodorant I use is parabens free, yes, I will certainly be contacting the dr as soon as I can, Thankyou