Gransnet forums

Health

Recommendations for getting dental work checked?

(6 Posts)
lemsip Mon 15-Feb-21 12:17:20

I have had a dental problem you may have guessed.
Had toothache end of oct 2020 and despite ringing 111 daily could not access any number they gave me. Had the tooth out 17 nov at a private practice then......still had toothache so had the one next to it taken out on 23 dec. It didn't heal well and have had bad side of head headaches and tender gum above where tooth was. Dentist says my gum needs a small cut and stitch but she is not qualified to do it! said she'd refer me to hospital and see if her colleague would help. both negative. Hospital refused so did colleague. after contacting NHS england about 111 service which was unhelpful. I have today received email telling me a dental access centre will contact me with an appointment. to get it sorted out..

lemsip Mon 15-Feb-21 12:08:20

i believe most dentists are seeing patients

dentistry.co.uk/2021/01/05/dentists-stay-open/

COVID-19: dental services to remain open during third national lockdown..........
phone to book appointments. can't just walk in of course.

B9exchange Mon 15-Feb-21 09:32:25

Good luck Dilly, hope you get it sorted very soon. DH lost a veneer off a front tooth last night, goodness knows when we will be able to get a dental appointment to fix it.

DillytheGardener Mon 15-Feb-21 09:29:38

lemsip you are a life saver. Thank you. I have a phobia of dentists so I’m very nervous to find out why this filling is still giving me grief months later but better to know than the problem get worse.

lemsip Mon 15-Feb-21 08:51:17

General Dental Council

www.gdc-uk.org/

for advice

DillytheGardener Sun 14-Feb-21 23:12:49

I had a filling between two back molars, and months later the gums between the two teeth is tender and uncomfortable to chew. I want to get the work checked? Is there any dental body I can seek advice from?