Gransnet forums

Health

Electric Wheelchair

(32 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 05-Apr-21 09:32:05

i am trying to find an electric wheelchair to get around my bungalow, I live alone so no help with bringing things from one room to another.

If anyone uses one how do you manage ?

25Avalon Fri 09-Apr-21 20:21:58

You can get trays to fit on power chairs if that’s any help.

Anniebach Fri 09-Apr-21 20:23:51

I didn’t know that Avalon , that would be a great help thank you

25Avalon Sat 10-Apr-21 08:50:43

Anniebach there are many trays and not all fit every chair so best to ask at time of getting the wheelchair. Also how easy they would be for you to use. My son’s electric wheelchair had a clear perspex one bolted to the side of the chair when not in use and then flipped up and across when he wanted it. It was very useful for reading, eating dinner in front of the tv, doing schoolwork etc. That was nearly 20 years ago so designs may have moved on a bit. Hope you find something suitable. Best wishes.

Anniebach Sat 10-Apr-21 10:05:30

Avalon so much I wish I had known before I bought the first
electric wheelchair, which I returned, if I do buy another one I
now know so much more , thank you

Rufus2 Sat 10-Apr-21 13:42:05

I recently bought the scooter
Annie G'Day!
I guess Fred is no longer suitable! Have you still got him,?
Not sure how you're organised vis-a-vis Social Services but here they provide physios for advice and also arrange to pay for any equipment such as mobility scooters you need to help keep you safely in your own home rather than a retirement home!
Pleased to say "Freda" is going well! grin
Take care and all the Best!

Anniebach Sat 10-Apr-21 13:59:48

Hi Rufus

Still have Fred but he has to go to a new home, couldn’t manage putting his cover on and he is too big to live indoors.

Now have Alfie, he can live indoors.

Glad Freda is doing well x