Gransnet forums

Health

My hair is falling out and blocked the vacuum cleaner

(28 Posts)
Abbeygran Sat 01-May-21 12:45:06

For the last couple of months I’ve noticed increasing amounts of hair falling out. My shower drain has to be cleared every time I wash my hair. Yesterday I noticed a lot of hair on the vacuum brush, so I unpicked it all, before finishing the upstairs. Today, I needed to vacuum the downstairs, but after a few mins realised I wasn’t picking up bits. I rechecked the roller and was shocked to see the roller was completely jammed with hair. Hubby had to take the vac apart to be able to remove the hair. I had noticed my hair feeling thinner, but now I’m terrified I will lose it all. I buy quality hair care. The only other thing I have is a few pounds too many, and my skin is exceptionally dry - everywhere- hands, feet, legs, tummy, face. Maybe my scalp is also dry and that’s why it’s falling out? Anyone else experienced this?

EllanVannin Mon 03-May-21 16:59:55

Abbeygran, my powerful Shark cleaner's roller was damaged last year because of my hair tangled in it, the belt went and because it was right on the first lockdown nowhere was open or available to get it fixed. For the time being I got a cheap Hoover one----which is hard work but does the trick.

My hair must be dropping out as I move because I always give it a good brushing in the mornings and there's not that much in the brush either.
Stress does cause hair loss----grass doesn't grow on a busy road smile

travelsafar Wed 05-May-21 12:17:16

After the telephone consultation with gp i am now booked in for blood tests next week to check my iron levels. She did say it could be a combination of loosing my DH , having covid, and the medication that i am on. She has halved the strength of the medication to see if that helps. I wil try to update further down the line if i remember when B/Test is completed and i get the results.