Gransnet forums

Health

Tendonitis

(8 Posts)
nanaK54 Thu 13-May-21 19:42:56

Thank you all for your replies very much appreciated

M0nica Thu 13-May-21 15:51:52

I developed tendonitis in one hand. After standard treatment was ineffective, I was given a steroid injection into the muscle involved.

That was about 10 years ago and I have had no problems since.

annodomini Thu 13-May-21 15:04:35

I had a problem with one of my Achilles tendons. Consultant referred me to a physio who used ultra-sound on it and it worked almost immediately. You might be offered a steroid injection but those are not easy to administer to feet. But they would work pretty well.

Aldom Thu 13-May-21 13:46:34

I had Tendonitis in my knee. The RICE treatment along with prescribed exercises helped. A Freeze Spray helped during the night. It took at least 18 months to clear up. I am still aware of the tenden and have to pace myself so as not to cause another flare up of the inflammation.

Purplepixie Thu 13-May-21 13:37:37

I had to go along and see a physio who gave me some exercises to do. Try not to stretch them and the RICE treatment is definitely advised. Do take care and I hope yours goes away quickly, mine took around 3 months to get better. Take care.

EllanVannin Thu 13-May-21 13:34:28

I'd see the GP ( if you can ) if it gets any worse.

Blossoming Thu 13-May-21 12:59:38

I guess it’s the RICE treatment- rest, ice pack, compression, elevation. In the past I have found wearing a compression sock like these helpful,

www.amazon.co.uk/s?ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_20&crid=LIO2MYC1K1NO&sprefix=Compression+sock+pla%2Caps%2C172&k=compression+socks+plantar+fasciitis&tag=gransnetforum-21

nanaK54 Wed 12-May-21 12:13:47

I have tendonitis, top of both feet, my right foot is particularly painful.
I wondered if anyone had any tips or advice