Gransnet forums

Health

Skin marking

(9 Posts)
Sallywally1 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:16:51

I had a nasty skin infection on my arm a couple of months ago., which needed two courses of antibiotics. After this the infection up. However it has left an unsightly pink mark on my arm.

Does anyone have a magical solution I could use to make it fade?

(I appreciate that this is a very minor problem compared to other people’s health problems!

FannyCornforth Tue 15-Jun-21 07:37:07

Hello
Bio-oil? It gets very good reviews

Sparklefizz Tue 15-Jun-21 08:33:59

Rescue Remedy Cream (available Amazon and health stores) got rid of a large mark after a scald, and I used it to help heal the skin on my face after a small op. The dermatologist commented on my speedy healing, and when I mentioned Rescue Remedy Cream, she said she'd heard of great success with it from other patients.

FannyCornforth Tue 15-Jun-21 09:42:18

Ooh, I've not heard of that *Sparklefizz, it sounds great, thank you

phoenix Tue 15-Jun-21 10:11:59

The Rescue cream is made by Bach, who produce the flower remedies you may have seen

FannyCornforth Tue 15-Jun-21 10:16:36

Lovely to see you back phoenix smile
I hope that you are feeling better thanks

I really like the Bach night time remedy, it really does seem to work, it stops night time intrusive thoughts (well, for me anyway). It does seem like magic

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 15-Jun-21 10:28:30

Ooh! Must try the Rescue Remedy cream Sparklefizz. I have so many marks on my skin, I'm beginning to wonder what my original skin colour is!!

FannyCornforth Tue 15-Jun-21 10:31:14

A little bit off topic - DH has lots of those horrid dark bruises on his hands and arms.
Arnica Cream (which is cheap as chips) really is a miracle in a tube.

Sparklefizz Tue 15-Jun-21 13:17:53

Gwen Rescue Remedy Cream is brilliant for healing of wounds and scars. It depends what has caused your marks eg. it might not work on sun spots.

I've been using it and other Bach remedies for 30 years.