Gransnet forums

Health

Seborrheic Keratosis doctor won't remove

(31 Posts)
MarilynneT33 Wed 18-Aug-21 23:45:45

I have a non cancerous growth on my back it's about an inch and a half long and wide. Also a small one on my inner thigh about 1/2 cm long. I went to my doctor a few years ago and he removed 2 on my back by freezing it with a spray. One has come back and it get very itchy. I went back last year but he won't remove it as it's now one of those procedures they refuse to do any more. This is a pic of it. I want to know if anyone else has had these and how did they get rid of it. Thanks.

mezandeya Wed 04-May-22 07:59:12

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

downtoearth Wed 04-May-22 09:39:59

Reported post of 07. 59

Caleo Wed 04-May-22 11:30:11

Good advice from Shelflife. You could sort of pretend to be neurotic about it and the doc then could have an excuse for doing the procediue for the sake of your mental health.

Tortoiselover Thu 05-May-22 15:47:06

A beauty therapist who does advanced electrolysis can remove them. Cost me £85, absolutely no scarring. Its slightly uncomfortable when it's being done as they can't use local anaesthetic, not being medical, but nothing major. The result is worth it and I've had loads done.

GagaJo Thu 05-May-22 16:35:45

I used Tea Tree Oil after reading it on here. I had one on the side of my face that was growing. I'd had it checked, but no removal possible. Tea tree oil did it, over the course of about 6 weeks. As others have said, very light brown mark there now, but not the dark brown slightly scabby thing from before.

I think I'm getting another one and will get rid of it the same way.