Gransnet forums

Health

Advice please where’s the best place to get an electric wheelchair

(5 Posts)
Katie59 Thu 23-Sep-21 13:39:56

Lots for sale on EBay cheap - £200 or so, most have had very little use Father in Law bought a really super one for that price.

midgey Thu 23-Sep-21 11:07:15

It’s well worth looking on eBay, you can buy a bargain or at least get some ideas of prices. There is also a site called Preloved. Not sure about using Direct Payments you would need to check the rules.

Casdon Thu 23-Sep-21 11:06:11

You should be able to get an electric wheelchair on the NHS Elizabeth1, here’s some useful advice from Scope which should help you navigate the system.
www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/wheelchairs/

Whatdayisit Thu 23-Sep-21 11:01:11

I don't think I will be much help Elizabeth1 but isn't there any help from the NHS is it worth asking your GP for a referral? I am assuming you need an electric wheelchair as your mobility is deteriorating?

Elizabeth1 Thu 23-Sep-21 08:27:24

I was looking for a power pack for my self propelling wheelchair however the shop said they can’t get the brackets to fit my slimline one, the man from the shop says his electric wheelchairs start at £2000 where on earth do I get that sort of money.. I’m still paying for my implants. Will direct payments let me buy it do you know?