Gransnet forums

Health

Finding too much talking a strain - becoming reclusive

(56 Posts)
Daisend1 Sat 25-Sep-21 12:10:28

I challenge any one who can. since covid came on the scene, say they have not at some time felt as you are feeling now.
There is help so don't fight your feelings or hesitate to ask for support in getting back to the real you not the person you have become.

Namsnanny Sat 25-Sep-21 11:44:20

For what it's worth, it doesnt sound like depression to me.
You seem to be quite happy to read and cope otherwise.
Depression prohibits these self supporting activities.
You sound exactly as you describe, stressed and exhausted.
In your position I wouldn't add to all the feelings you are coping with by worrying about this.
Try to organise short events with others until you feel able to do otherwise.
Put yourself 1st.

henetha Sat 25-Sep-21 11:30:13

Yes, Skydancer. (love the name) . I have a problem with this too, my whole jaw seems to set. The less I talk the more I find it difficult. I have been told that it's part of my depression problems. I hope you can get some help.

MayBeMaw Sat 25-Sep-21 11:28:04

Lockdown has a lot to answer for!
I can find being around groups of people quite exhausting and as for the pace of life where my GC are concerned….???

TillyTrotter Sat 25-Sep-21 11:26:23

I’m sad to hear that Skydancer. I think we all find we tire quickly in company as we are not used to it, but maybe a word with your Doctor might be a good idea as we cannot tell you if you are suffering stress or depression, only a someone in the medical profession can. Good Luck ?

Skydancer Sat 25-Sep-21 11:22:06

I've never been a chatterbox. But now I find talking a strain. Yesterday we visited relatives for 2 hours and I felt exhausted and just wanted to go outside in the fresh air. I've been under immense stress for a couple of years - though the cause of this has largely gone now - but I can't seem to quieten my mind. All I want to do is sit in bed with my book and for people to leave me alone. Is it stress or depression and what on earth can I do to help myself? Has anyone else felt like this?