Gransnet forums

Health

I have mental health illnes Its not a problem

(125 Posts)
janeyxx Sat 06-Nov-21 06:46:10

I have never been ashamed nor have I hid vecause I have Mental Health illness not mental health problem because I don`t have a problem with it It`s you who has the problem I take pils for mine whats your exuse?
Stigma around mental health is still as bad today as it always has, I think the main reason for this is not ignorance or the lack of knowledg Its more of the understanding and to be able to realy unserstand a person who suffers you also have to have the illnes yourself. When the mental AWEARNESS began I can remember thinking great I did just fine going about my buisnes without been noticed but by educating people telling them what to look for so we are no longer invissable but more highlighted with a flashing head post saying OVER HERE LOOK IM MAD has made it more difficult for me to go out in crowded public places. The silly thing is when randomly my brain decides to have a dicky fit Its me that brings atension to my some what bizar behaviour, I can be going about my buisness as you do then some one will grab my attention so I look and if that person just happent to look back in my direction It is like WHAM full on Anxziety I have to leave what i am doing and get home, Its a feeling of despare panic like your life depends on It, I begen to sweat fron all corners of my body as it runs down my face back and legs I know when Its coming but I have no controll over It. I decided to stop fighting It & instead just go with the flow If I look totaly mad because im talking to the vegitable section asking it a question yes somebody is watching me who cares I take medication for my problem, whats there exuse for been so dam rude & dissrespectfull. I deal with this by taking the object walking up to them I smile then say anyone would think your wating for the carrot to answer me back even though thats just mad. I gained controll over my menal health when I excepted It and decided I no longer had a problem with It after all it defies me because it is part of who I am today, without it I would not be me. So thank you to my MENTAL HEALTH for making me mad and some times a little or maybe alot mental.

CoffeeFirst1 Fri 20-May-22 22:28:19

Serendipity22

MissAdventure

It's like a bloody detective agency here lately.
angry
Just leave people be to post what they want.
No wonder new users sod off and never come back.

Hear flippin hear MissAdventure ...

I couldn’t agree more.

Leave people be. If you can’t post once without being accused of fishing or whatever it is, then no wonder folk don’t return.

Keep safe OP ???

Peyton12 Wed 18-May-22 14:25:49

Well, it's actually a big problem. I don't understand why so many people pay so much attention to physical problems, but if there is a problem with mental health, they think it's not a problem.

Dabi Fri 28-Jan-22 16:39:40

Chewbacca

AFIAK = As far as I know

Thanks! flowers

Mollymalone6 Wed 26-Jan-22 21:09:42

Ethelwashere1

The problem with mental illness is fear. When it became popular to discuss mental illness a few years ago a man told me he had mental illness and i was terrified, i thought he might be violent. Please dont criticise me for this but it dates from years ago when people were put in looney bins as they were called. Everyone was assumed to be violent. Nowadays we know better but i still feel scared hy this illness and would avoid anyone who claims to have it

I won't criticise you Ethelwashere1, but unless you are very ancient, how can you possibly have that view? Mental illness is either in you, bred in you, or caused by outside forces. Surely you cannot be scared!!

Granniesunite Wed 26-Jan-22 21:07:37

Hope you’re getting all the support and help you need janey.it’s your due. ?

My husband has Alzheimer’s so I know how hard daily living is for you.

Ethelwashere1 Wed 26-Jan-22 21:04:05

The problem with mental illness is fear. When it became popular to discuss mental illness a few years ago a man told me he had mental illness and i was terrified, i thought he might be violent. Please dont criticise me for this but it dates from years ago when people were put in looney bins as they were called. Everyone was assumed to be violent. Nowadays we know better but i still feel scared hy this illness and would avoid anyone who claims to have it

Mollymalone6 Wed 26-Jan-22 20:58:44

Oh dear!

Chewbacca Wed 26-Jan-22 20:01:11

AFIAK = As far as I know

Dabi Wed 26-Jan-22 19:56:54

Germanshepherdsmum

People leave and come back with a different name but don’t usually post consecutively on the same thread with different (but highly similar) names AFAIK. I like to think that posters are genuine, apart from the spammers and the occasional windup.

What does the word AFAIK mean in this post please? confused
Thanks.

25Avalon Fri 14-Jan-22 09:42:39

Mental illness can be very unpredictable and I think sometimes people are actually scared as they don’t know how the person will react or how they themselves should react to them. We all need to be better educated on mental health which hopefully will bring with it more understanding.

paddyann54 Thu 13-Jan-22 23:59:21

wish someone had told my daughter her spelling mistakes were inconsistent .I'd have a had a lot to say,she's dyslexic and can spell the same word 4 times in the same paragraph differently,If you dont like the spelling ignore it

Serendipity22 Thu 13-Jan-22 21:47:17

MissAdventure

It's like a bloody detective agency here lately.
angry
Just leave people be to post what they want.
No wonder new users sod off and never come back.

Hear flippin hear MissAdventure ...

desader Thu 13-Jan-22 21:29:14

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

welbeck Thu 25-Nov-21 18:36:02

Thesme,
please ring 111 now re your arm. don't delay.
let us know what they say.
good luck.

Doodledog Thu 25-Nov-21 13:39:16

Hi Thesme
You might want to start your own thread on this, so that you will get replies to you, rather than about the rest of this one.

If you're not sure how to do that, just post again and we can talk you through it.

Thesme Thu 25-Nov-21 06:55:14

Hi I’m a grandma of 7 and I’m 51 . Iv had a great deal of stress with my grown up children and care for my husband who as blood cancer and other ailments . He was retired from work through this 16 years ago and it’s been very very difficult both mentally physically and financially .
Last Saturday I was rushing to sort out the grandchildren ect and move their car seats but I fell up the kerb .
I feel stupid and ridiculous but couldn’t get up … the trouble is I was in hospital all day and they gave me liquid morphine and other meds and sent me home on crutches eventually ( I couldn’t move or walk) .
I’m so down that Iv gone from running around doing everything for my family ect and now I’m confined to bed and struggle to the loo !!
I just want to recover fast to look after them again but the pain is horrendous. Iv never heard of hamstring tears before and still cannot believe that falling up a kerb carrying stuff could end up with this injury . My right leg is the injury but now my right arm his numb and heavy ? I’m on pain killers and amitripteline . Iv got a roof over my head and a family but can’t help feeling really low and worried . I’m so worried about everything . Have any of you had anything like this happen to you and if so how how long untill you could walk without the crutches and when did the pain start to ease . Thanks ? x

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 13-Nov-21 15:15:56

People leave and come back with a different name but don’t usually post consecutively on the same thread with different (but highly similar) names AFAIK. I like to think that posters are genuine, apart from the spammers and the occasional windup.

MissAdventure Sat 13-Nov-21 15:09:59

I'm not sure why.
I spot lots of user name changes.
I see people who are totally new here, but others seem to know who they are, and I see people who are damn rude in one incarnation who then pop up in another.
Hey ho.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 13-Nov-21 15:07:56

I just feel uncomfortable with it.

MissAdventure Sat 13-Nov-21 14:57:41

I noticed, but didnt think it comment worthy.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 13-Nov-21 14:56:23

I’m inclined to think there are two accounts Meryl as there are consecutive posts from each. Two personalities?

MerylStreep Sat 13-Nov-21 14:36:56

Germanshepherdsmum

It seems that Janeyxx and XGIJANEYX are the same person.

I’m glad I’m not the only one to notice.
I’m assuming there was a technical glitch and Janey started again with another username.

FannyCornforth Sat 13-Nov-21 14:26:05

Hi Janey, glad to see you back.
I’m sure that you’ll find the site easy to use after a bit of trial and error.
Hope that you are having a good day smile

MissAdventure Sat 13-Nov-21 13:35:14

Good on you, janey.
Nobody should feel ashamed of being their authentic self, particularly as so many people struggle with mental health issues in some form or another.

silverlining48 Sat 13-Nov-21 13:27:57

Easily done MissA. smile
Hello Janey. I am not a techie either, but it’s fairly straightforward commenting on other posts.