Gransnet forums

Health

Bottled Water! How safe is this!

(80 Posts)
Audi10 Wed 24-Nov-21 09:34:07

Anyone drink bottled water, I don’t think it’s a good idea due to the plastic content etc not knowing also how long it’s been hanging about! My friend drinks gallons of it, always has bottles of water scattered round house it’s like an obsession, she thinks I’m mad telling her to drink tap water, her argument is oh everyone does it! Thoughts please!

nexus63 Fri 26-Nov-21 00:22:37

i mostly drink tap water, but now and again i buy flavoured water with the morrisons meal deal, when finished i fill the bottles with tap and put in the fridge, in glasgow our water comes from loch katrine and is nice to drink.

Granmarderby10 Fri 26-Nov-21 09:52:33

We live close to a water tower and I presume this is why it tastes and smells like a swimming pool. I even smell it in the shower. Going to get a filter and some glass bottles to chill and have with various fruit squash.
I do think that everyone looks like babies sucking on their bottles.

I think the elderly who succumb to dehydration and urinary infections etc are the ones that could do with access to regular sips but I know some are reluctant as it means more trips to the loo.
I enjoy a bit of sparkling water with a slice of citrus to accompany dinner, though some to my tastebuds are salty.

Shropshirelass Fri 26-Nov-21 15:18:59

I filter all of our drinking water as ours sometimes tastes very chemically. If I want fizzy water I carbonate my filtered water. Cuts down on plastic waste.

Magrithea Sat 27-Nov-21 10:26:16

Audi10 It's a myth about bottles being dangerous if they've been around for a while. As others have said, our tap water is perfectly safe. Buy a reusable bottle and use that