Gransnet forums

Health

Are you wearing a mask re Covid

(278 Posts)
Bea65 Fri 01-Jul-22 18:07:08

So now i've started wearing a mask again and always in Pharmacy where the staff have always done and also in the GP surgery when I've gone to get results or ask about a health issue?

Bellanonna Sun 17-Jul-22 15:58:06

Haven’t had it, don’t want it, wearing masks and sanitising/washing hands

nanna8 Sun 17-Jul-22 13:13:40

I’m definitely going to wear them again now because very other person seems to be catching either Covid or flu. After I had Covid I didn’t bother for a few weeks but a friend has caught it for the second time in just 3 months so that’s IT as far as I’m concerned.

Bea65 Sat 16-Jul-22 09:50:10

FarNorth i like your thinking grin

FarNorth Mon 11-Jul-22 10:24:30

rosie1959

Oddly we have been in a hotel now for over a week not a mask in sight last night there was a man who came to the bar wearing one. Honest first reaction not he is sensible but what’s he got why is he wearing a mask is he contagious. So a complete reverse as we have seen so few wearing them just the odd person on the bus

I'm perfectly happy if people think that about me.
They might keep their distance.

Joseanne Mon 11-Jul-22 10:14:06

Wear the mask, because you’ll feel more comfortable.
?

maddyone Mon 11-Jul-22 10:02:47

Picking up children doesn’t usually involve being inside, but the Speech Day will. Wear the mask, because you’ll feel more comfortable. To be honest, if I was inspecting schools, I’d wear a mask, but that would be my choice.

Joseanne Mon 11-Jul-22 09:54:48

Thanks maddyone, we do use those for train journeys, flights, ferry etc.
The daft thing about attending school functions is that I pick up the DGCs from school every day without a mask, but am not keen to be maskless stuffed in a hall together with random people. I think I will.
DH always asks the schools he inspects whether they would like him to wear a mask, he is happy either way, but the answer is always NO.

maddyone Mon 11-Jul-22 09:32:49

Joseanne you can wear an FFP2 or FFP3 mask as these masks do protect the wearer. That’s what I would do. I still wear a mask to do shopping.

Joseanne Mon 11-Jul-22 08:37:55

Friends of ours went to their DS's graduation ceremony in Warwick last week, not a mask in sight, and now have covid. We have our DGD's Speech Day this Friday and will attend despite the lack of masks. I don't like it, but what else can you do?

rosie1959 Mon 11-Jul-22 07:55:57

Oddly we have been in a hotel now for over a week not a mask in sight last night there was a man who came to the bar wearing one. Honest first reaction not he is sensible but what’s he got why is he wearing a mask is he contagious. So a complete reverse as we have seen so few wearing them just the odd person on the bus

FarNorth Sun 10-Jul-22 21:08:04

??

Shinamae Sun 10-Jul-22 20:36:45

Shinamae

FarNorth

Oh, I hope you're not ill Shinamae.
I just meant a little cough might have caused the others to think.

Don’t worry, it’s not me it’s the others!! ?

Well, I haven’t got Covid I’ve just done a test…..?

NanKate Sun 10-Jul-22 16:40:28

We wear masks in all shops still

Kate1949 Sun 10-Jul-22 16:32:15

We nipped to Aldi today. We put our masks on. There wasn't one other person in there with a mask on.

Athrawes Sun 10-Jul-22 16:28:18

I've managed to catch a cold off a family member - not Covid - so I'm wearing a mask in close spaces and supermarkets for the moment.

Shinamae Sun 10-Jul-22 15:45:36

FarNorth

Not much thinking going on, then.

It has actually really surprised me. ?

FarNorth Sun 10-Jul-22 15:31:03

Not much thinking going on, then.

Shinamae Sun 10-Jul-22 13:46:30

FarNorth

Don’t worry, it’s not me it’s the others!! ?

FarNorth Sun 10-Jul-22 13:21:41

Shinamae Sun 10-Jul-22 12:42:48

FarNorth

Shinamae

I did wear one but felt very conspicuous and got some comments and funny looks!!

Maybe you could have coughed gently behind your mask smile

On My way home now (quite a bit of coughing?‍♀️)l will test as soon as I get in…..and let you know!…

FarNorth Sun 10-Jul-22 11:42:13

Shinamae

I did wear one but felt very conspicuous and got some comments and funny looks!!

Maybe you could have coughed gently behind your mask smile

maddyone Sun 10-Jul-22 11:27:52

I wear an FFP2 mask. These masks do protect.

Baggs Sun 10-Jul-22 11:20:25

Some of you might like to read about this study done in North Dakota using info and stats from adjacent school districts with very similar student demographics, Covid mitigation measures and school staff vaccination rates.

What makes it useful and interesting is that, as the intro says: At the start of the Fall 2021 semester, FPS mandated masks and WF did not. On January 17, 2022, FPS also moved to a mask optional policy, creating a unique natural experiment to study school-based mask mandates.

maddyone Sun 10-Jul-22 11:19:38

I certainly wouldn’t go on a coach trip or any public transport without a mask.

maddyone Sun 10-Jul-22 11:17:41

I got a comment from a rude man in Sainsburys Shinamae but I’m continuing to wear a mask in shops. If people want to be rude that’s up to them, but it won’t change my behaviour.