Gransnet forums

Health

Tired All The Time (TATT)

(29 Posts)
Millbrook Mon 08-Aug-22 08:32:57

Is this normal? I’m 60, a bit overweight, don’t exercise as much as I should and am waiting for a knee replacement, so I’m in pain a lot of the time. BUT, I seem so ridiculously tired, lacking in energy, unable to do anything, all the time. I just want, for one day, to be able to feel energised and interested in life! My friends all seem to do much more than me, even though some are older and much more overweight than me. Do other people feel like this? Is it just age?

Mollygo Mon 22-Aug-22 09:36:31

Thyroid problems affected me quite badly. Treatment was very effective.
DSis suggested B12 tablets if I was TATT and if they helped at all, said I should enquire about injections-which she already has.

Supernana1 Mon 22-Aug-22 10:44:20

I have been exhausted for about 9 or 12 months. About 3pm I suddenly feel as if my batteries have run out and I have to sleep - 30 minutes in an armchair doesn't fix it, I have to lie down. I usually sleep for three hours.

I've had a chest Xray, abdominal ultrasound, full range of blood tests and am now awaiting a spirometry test. But still the problem persists - the house is like a tip but there's nothing I can do about it. GP says my blood tests are normal - including thyroid - and he seems puzzled. I wonder if he thinks it's psychological.

A new symptom is aching thigh muscles particularly if I walk uphill.

It seems I'm spending half my life in bed and it's really getting me down.

Supernana1 Mon 22-Aug-22 10:46:00

I should have said that I have pernicious anaemia and have been having B12 injections for about two years. But they don't seem to make any difference.