Gransnet forums

Health

lump in stomach

(15 Posts)
Norah Fri 19-Aug-22 22:27:13

Ovarian Cancer sometimes presents as a lump in stomach. The tumor silently grows until there is a reason to MRI. She is in the best place for diagnosis. Try not to worry.

MerylStreep Fri 19-Aug-22 21:49:34

With respect Tumtitum I don’t think your username helped.

M0nica Fri 19-Aug-22 21:37:31

Tumtitum, I can understand your concern, but a symptom as vague as 'a lump in her stomach', can be anything from the most trivial to the fatal, with an awful lot of other things in between these two extremes.

As others have said, the only people who can help you are the doctors who are treating her.

I do sympathise with you, I had a similar problem when my father was taken to hospital with extreme back pain on a Friday. Preliminary tests were indeterminate and the MRI scan necessary for a definite diagnosis was closed over the weekend so we had to wait until Monday. The doctors said nothing, but they clearly thought it was probably cancer. When the results came back from the MRI scan, it turned out that he had a rare infection in his back that could be cured with a course of antibiotics - and it was.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 19-Aug-22 21:04:43

We are not doctors. They are the ones to answer your questions.

Callistemon21 Fri 19-Aug-22 21:02:03

She is in hospital now
The best place for a diagnosis.

This is not the best place.

Welshwife Fri 19-Aug-22 20:47:20

It could be a number of things. Has she had any other symptoms - pain, losing weight, looking very pale - (anaemic) ?

MiniMoon Fri 19-Aug-22 20:46:59

Why are you asking grandparents? Just because we are older people and may suffer from various ailments, doesn't give us any authority to diagnose your grandmother. The hospital medical professionals are the people to ask.

Blossoming Fri 19-Aug-22 20:36:32

I was saying something useful. She may have an impacted mass of faecal matter. It’s a medical emergency if left too long.

LOUISA1523 Fri 19-Aug-22 20:29:19

What do her bloods show? Whats her medical history?

Tumtitum Fri 19-Aug-22 20:23:58

If you dont have anything useful to say on this thread then please dont reply. Its been a very traumatic day. She is in hospital now but still asleep and realistically im told that no diagnostic tests will be done until Monday. I therefore thought someone on this thread may have something useful to contribute. If you dont then please move on to another thread
Thank you

Blossoming Fri 19-Aug-22 20:16:28

Extreme constipation

Juliet27 Fri 19-Aug-22 20:14:04

kittylester

A wind up?

Depends how wind is pronounced ?

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 19-Aug-22 20:09:03

Undoubtedly.

kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 20:08:34

A wind up?

Tumtitum Fri 19-Aug-22 19:51:43

The doc says grandmother has a lump in her stomach, she is now off to hospital. what could this potentially be.