Gransnet forums

Health

Mystery condition

(82 Posts)
GagaJo Mon 05-Dec-22 21:25:34

Seen 2 GPs, 2 A&E doctors, 2 maxillofacial doctors.

It started 2 weeks ago with an inflammed area on my face. Became infected and had to be drained. Given antibiotics and an antibacterial ointment.

Next developed a range of lumps on my face (they look a bit like hives). No heads. Nothing inside to drain.

Have something in my ear. Possibly a boil, or maybe one of the lumps.

Also 2 lumps on my bottom lip and one inside my mouth.

Even the max fax doctors don't know what's wrong. They've said:
Boil
Ulcers (mouth)
Shingles (I've got tingling, itching, nerve pain).

I'm fed up with it. I've got a big scar from the infection draining. Ear ache. A sore mouth.

Anyone got any ideas?

GrauntyHelen Fri 09-Dec-22 01:45:24

Shingles or Sarcoidosis I have both and this sounds like could be either

Tamayra Fri 09-Dec-22 07:46:02

In my experience Folk are getting all kinds of strange symptoms now that may be a biproduct of having Covid jabs
Perhaps look at doing a Gall Bladder Liver cleanse to clear toxins out of your system Good luck x

growstuff Fri 09-Dec-22 08:33:38

Personally, I won't be wasting my money on any such procedure.

Covid is known to compromise the immune system, so it could be that people who have had Covid are more susceptible. If possible, it's a good idea to avoid Covid and being vaccinated will mitigate damage if you do catch it.

harrigran Fri 09-Dec-22 08:45:54

Don't want to worry people but my neighbour has a very bad case of shingles at present and she was vaccinated against it. Proves nothing is 100% effective.

growstuff Fri 09-Dec-22 09:06:07

harrigran

Don't want to worry people but my neighbour has a very bad case of shingles at present and she was vaccinated against it. Proves nothing is 100% effective.

I'm not eligible for a shingles vaccination yet, but 99.99999% is good enough for me.

cc Fri 09-Dec-22 19:05:00

It's being said that everybody's immunity has suffered because people didn't mix during the worst of Covid. This is why they think that Strep has been so bad this time around.
I know that I had shingles just after I had my last child, when my immunity was low. All four of my children had chicken pox at the time and my youngest, then fully breast fed, had such good immunity that she only had one spot! She's now in her mid-thirties and has never caught it again so must have developed immunity despite the lack of spots.