Gransnet forums

Health

Sore eye: again…

(27 Posts)
MayBee70 Mon 27-Mar-23 13:55:23

The skin on my eyelid is very sore and my eye is a bit red. I went to see a pharmacist and was just told to bathe it in warm water. I’m always getting sore skin in various places and it never goes away without applying something eg hydrocortisone cream. What I’ve never understood is that you can buy hydrocortisone cream 1% over the counter but 0.5% is prescription only. And can no longer buy Golden Eye ointment other than via the internet. I know for a fact that it isn’t going to go away by itself. It’s the second time that I’ve seen a pharmacist about an eye problem and both times they didn’t even look at my eye. Unusual for me but I did leave the chemists in a strop. I’ve just put some Derma care on and the redness is better already but I did want to try to get professional advice first.

MayBee70 Thu 04-May-23 20:30:27

Got problems with my other eye now. Started off with the outer corner of my eye feeling bruised and the eyelid ( and bottom part of the eye) looking swollen. I’ve been careful with eye hygiene over the past few weeks. I’ve had a cold recently that started off as a sore throat, then lots of sneezing: my sinuses felt blocked the other day and I think it has spread to my eye. Is this another horrible age thing sad? And my eyelid looks even more droopy! ( going to try all the suggestions on this thread starting with a tea bag). It’s getting to me a bit that it wasn’t all that long ago that I could have just made a same day appointment at my doctors: no chance of that these days.