I looked after my mum when she had dementia. The day came when I had tears dripping off my chin and my husband said ‘it’s her or me’. I knew a hairdresser who went round homes and she recommended a good one where my mum was well looked after.
My mum always recognized me and she knew that one of my daughters had a baby. She didn’t know which one but she was sure that my (second) husband was the father!
Luckily I had power of attorney so was able to sell her house to pay the fees. The annoying thing was that she paid more than the council paid for the ladies who didn’t have to pay so we were subsidizing them.
Sad to say, like some of the others, I was relieved when she died.
Strictly 2026- Remembering Sparklefizz.
Trump blames Zelensky for war on Ukraine and says they need a new leader 🙄
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026



