For my sins , I'm recovering from getting heat stroke - one illness after the other !
Hay fever is causing me such discomfort that I'm itchy . A cool shower alleviates it as it washes the pollen off .
My bee man is rather elderly and has pretty much retired . Last time , I bought honey from him - he picked up some bees , which were freaking out the DIY guy with his bare hands and removed them without one sting ! I really think that some people are at perfect harmony with nature . If I can't get honey from him I'll try another local source .
Now Esmay if you have local honey that is really worth a try. I used to have a neighbour who kept bees and I was given some when I had one of my series of coughs which used to wrack my body for weeks at a time. Always had the problem since childhood. I couldn’t believe how it helped to clear it up whereas other honey had little effect. Unfortunately my lovely neighbour died a few years ago.
Thank you all so much. I used to become completely out of it years ago unable to do anything when taking Piriton. Then I realised a couple of years ago it no longer had any adverse affect. I thought I had a different one but no it is the old fashioned one prescribed by the doctor in the early seventies. However, it works wonders on my streaming cold like symptoms and now intense itching eyes. After reading your posts I will take my zoplicone tonight but won’t take the piriton until tomorrow morning before we head for London and the mall (going to the art gallery) and the park next to it. The pollen count is high tomorrow so want to ward off the effects it has on me. I only take Piriton since some years ago my daughter who was a cardiac thoracic ITU nurse told me that a newer antihistamine had been associated with some cases they had. She told me to stick with piriton. Thank you so much for the time you have spent answering me. Thank you Bumface 🤣for bothering to check for me. So sorry Esmay for your experience with Piriton. Do hope you are okay now.
I checked on the NICE/BNF website and there are no reported contraindications to taking Chlophenamine Maleate (Piriton) and Zopiclone. As Piriton can make some people drowsy it would probably be a good idea allow as much time as possible between taking Piriton and Zopiclone or you might end up with a hangover in the morning. You should, of course, follow the instructions given in the enclosed leaflet. You should talk to the pharmacist as well.