Am loving the two tier system now.. I am poor , dont get any help. struggling to survive each day as covid has decimated my health already and working is sporadic at best ( part-time very low paid zero hrs no sick pay..) My eyesight is steadily getting worse, headaches often and dizziness, and more than half my teeth have crumbled, I wish they'd just fallen out as the broken stubs left in the gumline are causing lots of pain. Cannot get a GP appointment, can no longer afford to keep calling to try ( 30 a week in mobile charges for being on hold got too expensive for me) and the NHS helpline and hospital both say go see optician/dentist, they cannot help me. I truly believe "they" just want the sick poor folk to simply disappear. I am hanging on to get my son to adulthood, best I can and praying the world is a better place for all our kids. OP if you get free opticians, or can afford the fees, do go, they are truly fabulous today with what they can detect, and indeed I would trust their expertise more than a gp ( no offence to gps here)