I have LPR and it came on, or made itself known very suddenly when I had a laryngeal spasm which was terribly frightening and caused a week long hospital admission. I had laryngoscopies and a gastroscopy.
They said I had Silent Reflux, in other words, I was having the reflux without any symptoms at all until the laryngeal spasm.
I was put on a high dose of Pantoprazole and Gaviscon Advanced for a few months and gradually managed to reduce the tablets until they could be discontinued. I continue with the Gaviscon Advanced at night as a safety precaution.
A book called Drop the Acid by Dr David Perlmutter ,was extremely helpful in teaching me what was likely causing the problems. There are so many seemingly innocent foods and beverages that can cause reflux.
But learning to avoid certain things not only helped avoid further reflux 'attacks', but I found that my asthma has never troubled me since , and it was severe, to the point of emergency ambulances, so I am mightily happy about that.
This happened to me in 2019 and the one thing that shocked me was that not many health professionals seemed to be very aware of issues around reflux.
I also found that was able to help myself a lot through learning about it via books , and the internet.
The other thing that really surprised me is just how many people suffer with it and don't seem to realise what it is or how to deal with it.
Good luck with your health problems Heaven Leigh