Gransnet forums

Health

Having trouble now that I have been issued with individually loaded Estradiol instead of vagirux.

(5 Posts)
Franbern Tue 14-Jul-26 08:37:12

Iam64

I preferred the preloaded estradiol but my latest prescription is back to strips of the drug

Same for me. Although have now got used to the tablet strips. Much less waste.

Lovetopaint037 Mon 13-Jul-26 20:33:02

Thank you Ilovecheese. That is encouraging. Perhaps it was just that first applicator. Thank you Iam64. Perhaps it is just me.

Iam64 Mon 13-Jul-26 19:56:19

I preferred the preloaded estradiol but my latest prescription is back to strips of the drug

Ilovecheese Mon 13-Jul-26 19:34:25

Sounds like maybe a problem with that particular batch. I find pressing the plunger very easy. Could you take the tablet out of the applicator first and insert it by hand?

Lovetopaint037 Mon 13-Jul-26 19:31:19

Having been fine with the vagirux the doctor prescribed for me I triaged the. Surgery to ask for another prescription of vagirux. When I went to collect the prescription I was given a large box of Estradiol all preloaded and each one disposable. I thought how wasteful but thought I would use use these as they had been issued. My problem is that I can’t push the plunger down to release the pessary without the most terrible struggle. I managed easily with the vagirux and the reusable applicator. Has anyone had a problem and is there a solution to help.