Thank you for posting this. I’m woken once or twice a night with cramp in one or both legs, sometimes from one calf to the toes, sometimes from both groins to both feet, worst night (a few years ago) was severe cramp from my armpit to my toes all on one side. I must have squealed because the dogs started barking and I could t get my breath to call them to be quiet, I headed downstairs to them but fainted on the landing, woke and slid down on my backside, dogs going mad, o crawled to the french door and as I stood to open it for them I fainted again and fell out onto the patio, where the door swung back and bashed me.
I take magnesium glycinate twice a day and have been doubling the bedtime dose. I found magnesium spray did nothing. I’ve tried a bar of soap at the bottom of the bed, and corks under the pillow, increasing salt intake with crisps in the evening, decreasing salt intake, I drink mainly tap water, eat a varied diet.
About 20 years ago I did have quinine sulphate on prescription and even that was not a cure-all, but I stopped it during chemotherapy and never restarted.
I’ll ask my GP if I can take it along with my raft of pain meds and amitriptyline.