Gransnet forums

Health

Fractured rib osteoporosis

(28 Posts)
Luckygirl3 Sun 02-Aug-26 21:10:40

Sorry to hear about these injuries. Being in pain is so awful.
An MRI has just shown up that I have a wedge fracture in my spine due to osteoporosis. Crumbling merrily away here!

Plevey08 Sun 02-Aug-26 21:07:01

Sorry to hear that Grandyma. It is very painful as I was hit by a fast, new type of flying seessaw 3 years ago (not paying enough attention). I fractured rib 10 apparently. It took 2 months to mend. But I couldn't take ibuprofen as on blood thinners. They gave me oral morphine. It really helped with the pain and reduced down on it slowly. So talk to your GP. I now have Osteopeania from having Coeliac Disease and last Monday severely sprained my ankle, amazingly it didn't fracture. But really painful, bruised and swollen. I hope you get some help as the pain is horrible with a rib fracture and not helped with the COPD.

Grandyma Sun 02-Aug-26 20:51:29

Last Tuesday I lifted the hoover out of the cupboard and felt a sharp pain in my chest. Thought I’d pulled a muscle. Not been feeling well since then with the pain. Turns out I’ve fractured a rib. I have had osteoporosis for years but this is the first problem it’s caused me. What makes it worse is that I have COPD and it hurts to breathe. How long before I get some relief from this pain?