Gransnet forums

Health

Gout

(27 Posts)
srn63 Tue 04-Aug-26 17:20:36

I've just been diagnosed with gout in my right foot. Very painful. I've been given Colchicine and have bought some sour cherry concentrate. Any advice other than that? Or people's experiences? Feeling a bit fed up, it seems to be one thing after another at present with DH and I. Looking at diet too. Not looking for medical advice, just things that have helped in your experience

JenniRen Fri 07-Aug-26 22:10:47

I had gout in a big toe joint many years ago when I was pregnant. Because I was pregnant, the GP did not want to prescribe anti-inflammatories or allopurinol so sent me to see a Consultant who injected my big toe joint with cortisone. Whether that was the right thing to do or not, it worked. Apparently localised cortisone injections are safe during pregnancy. Such a relief as the pain was quite unbearable sometimes.